Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Hard to tell what kind of gun because the photo is blurry, but it is a rifle. (not an AR) Less chance that it was a gang shooting, and more like a planned shooting. Who walks into a MACY's carrying a rifle?

And speaking of a blurry photo. Why is it that a Traffic Light Camera can read your license plate with perfect clarity, let bad guys caught on a security camera seem to be always blurry?

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Seattle's KOMO News has a security camera photo of the shooter.
Wow! That guy looks highly skilled and trained. Engaging him with just a pistol would be suicide... :rolleyes:

Reactions: gatorbait51

·
Registered
39 Posts
The mall is a posted gun free zone. Didn't work out so well. I hope they catch the perp, and put him away.
This maybe a dumb question but where would they post No Weapons Allowed? My wife works in the Indian River Mall here in Vero Beach, FL and I don't see any signs.

·
Registered
779 Posts
The mall is a posted gun free zone. Didn't work out so well. I hope they catch the perp, and put him away.
There is no indication that is true. I've never shopped at the Cascade Mall, but do the other WA Malls from Tacoma to Everett, and none are gun free zones, with the possible exception of some attached theaters who have their own policy.

UPDATE. I did not know this. Though you are unlikely to see signs or warning labels on the mall doors, buried in the mall rules and regulations if you know where they are posted is a line about no weapons or knives. No warning at the door i'm sure it is largely ignored my lawful carriers.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now it says 5 people murdered......

·
Registered
400 Posts
There is no indication that is true. I've never shopped at the Cascade Mall, but do the other WA Malls from Tacoma to Everett, and none are gun free zones, with the possible exception of some attached theaters who have their own policy.
I bet they will be now. No use arguing logic. We had an active shooter a few years back at Clackamas Town Center (mall) during the holidays. It's now a gun free zone. I'm guessing because the corporation that owns it either believes that will stop future shootings, or so that they can trespass any active shooters in the future...

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The allegedly "Hispanic" shooter sure looks awfully middle eastern or Arab to me. Could pass for the son of Muammar Gaddafi. But I guess I am being racist and islamaphobic.

I am guessing he is Hispanic since Killery has not been squeaking & coughing for us not to jump to terrorist conclusions.....
but I feel the same way about how he looks. Police said shotgun....

Reactions: kristo

·
Registered
400 Posts
The allegedly "Hispanic" shooter sure looks awfully middle eastern or Arab to me. Could pass for the son of Muammar Gaddafi. But I guess I am being racist and islamaphobic.
You need to call the sheriff's office and let them know your expert opinion. Unfortunately at this time they're only going off the information of actual eyewitnesses, which must all be wrong as they ID'd him as hispanic.

·
Registered
779 Posts
More photos have been released. He. could be hispanic or middle eastern. he walked into the mall with no rifle in the photos. 10 minutes later he walks into MACYS and up to the cosmetic counter where he opens fire. One reporter asked at this mornings presser if it is true he shouted out a girls name before shooting, and the officer could not confirm that. Looks to me that he was targeting someone, maybe a girl working at that counter. At least one teen girl was a victim. If so finding out who he is will be far easier.

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
You need to call the sheriff's office and let them know your expert opinion. Unfortunately at this time they're only going off the information of actual eyewitnesses, which must all be wrong as they ID'd him as hispanic.
He's a murderer period. I'm not sure why his race or ethnicity even matters...

Anyway, no doubt that even though it doesn't appear that "high capacity mags" or an "assault rifle" was used, no doubt that the other side will use this as an excuse to call for a ban on mags and assault rifles in order to keep things like this from happening in the future:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
He's a murder period. I'm not sure why his race or ethnicity even matters.
I'm guessing you mean murderer.

!. Hispanics have jealousy issues.
2. Help police know what area of town to search.
3. Aid in deciding what make, model car and what upgrades type of car may have while looking
for perp.
4. Help police decide what video feeds to search first. example which stores he may be more inclined to hide in or blend in with others.
5. Which movie theater he may choose to hide in or attack next?
6. Which gender specific restroom he might more likely be hiding in.
7. Aid L.E.'s in choosing which weapon to use while searching for the perp.
8. Which men's area he may be more inclined to change into different clothes in?
9. If the perp is hiding in a music store, which section he may be more prone to stand in.
10. If the mall has a pet store it would help officers identify which area of the pet store he may be hiding in.
11. Help officers look at which gas stations he may be more inclined to fill up with gas.
12. Help direct officers to which night club he would choose to wait it out in.
13. Help search parties choose which motel, hotel, Holiday inn he may be hold up in.........
14. Help search parties search the restaurants he may more likely choose to sit and eat in
after the act.
15. Help his wife identify and turn him in.......
16. Help officers look towards correct gym's he may be working out in after the killings.
17. Help identify which pawn shop he may be pawning the weapon in order to buy more gas to get out of town.
18. Help pick which gang he may be involved with. Example. White gang, black gang, Hispanic
gang, Asian gang, Swedish gang etc.
19. Aid in determining which smoke shop he may stop at on way home. If any.
20. Help lead detectives where he might choose to strike next so they can set a trap.
21. Etc.
Seriously???????????? :tumbleweed:

·
Registered
370 Posts
So this guy walks through a shopping mall with an uncased rifle and no one calls the cops? No CCs intervene? Seriously?

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So this guy walks through a shopping mall with an uncased rifle and no one calls the cops? No CCs intervene? Seriously?
We do not know if anything you stated is factually correct as of yet.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts