Defensive Carry banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Honestly, and this is a HUGE guess, but the rifle I see looks almost like a Ruger 10/22. Those are definitely used for varmint hunting, so when the media says hunting rifle, I am not inclined to believe it right away.
trevorus ... I thought the same when I saw the picture. It appears that our speculation was correct as K5 is reporting that it was indeed a Ruger 10/22.

Law enforcement sources tell KING 5 Cetin was in possession of three guns Friday night. All of them were legally purchased, but Cetin stole them from his father.
The weapon used Friday night was a .22 Ruger, according to law enforcement.
Suspect arrested in Cascade Mall shooting; attack may have been random | KING5.com

Just another reminder of how lethal a .22 round can be.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Seeing pictures of him in custody last night on KOMO News, it looks like he was wearing the same clothes he wore in the mall, which made it so easy for the officer to recongize him. Dropping the rifle with his fingerprints all over it, not hiding his face from mall security cameras, not having a change of clothes, and the arresting officer said he gave no resistance, and was like a zombie saying nothing. All leads me to beleive he didnt care about getting caught.

As of this morning still no connection to the victims, but news changes rappidly in stories like this...like how fast ones nationality can change. KING 5 News is reporting he did have an ex-girfriend that use to work at that MACYS, but hasn't in over a year, and she doesnt live in the area anymore.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
#NO MAKE UP AND LINGERIE FOR HER
You'd be surprised how much makeup, jewelry and lingerie is sold in the big mall in downtown Riyadh.

All to be worn by women hidden under the burka.

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
You'd be surprised how much makeup, jewelry and lingerie is sold in the big mall in downtown Riyadh.

All to be worn by women hidden under the burka.
Well, at home in privacy, away from prying eyes, anyway. :wink:

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
He's a murderer period. I'm not sure why his race or ethnicity even matters...
Cetin is at least the tenth Muslim migrant or child thereof to commit an act of mass violence in America in just the last few years. These attacks have taken the lives of nearly 90 Americans and injured nearly 440 more.

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
Cetin is at least the tenth Muslim migrant or child thereof to commit an act of mass violence in America in just the last few years. These attacks have taken the lives of nearly 90 Americans and injured nearly 440 more.
His race or ethnicity matters as much as what weapon was used in a murder matters. Plus Islam is a religion which has multiple races and ethnicities in it just like Christianity. Bickering about whether the a murder is Hispanic, Black, White or whatever is out right silly, IMHO, being that any of the allformentioned could be Muslims... Some witnesses described him as being Hispanic, so what? From the looks of his pictures, he could certainly pass as such.

Last, just like Liberals do with police shootings, and with mass shootings, some of you are jumping to conclusions before the facts have been released. It could have been a personal attack or it could have been a radical Muslims based attack. We don't know yet, or at least his motives weren't reported last I heard.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
As based on current news reports...what isn't debatable is that his family and friends didn't turn him in.
Perhaps tips were given that pointed to him.
But from the news reports I've read, police were looking for/at him in Oak Harbor based on video of him entering his car.
And a LEO saw him walking...identified him...and took him into custody.
I guess we'll have to wait and see as to whether his family and friends assisted in any way in his capture.
BTW... from his photos he looked Middle Eastern to me (and that has nothing to do with his religion whatever that might be.)
(imo) LE should've included that possibility in their description while he was still at large.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
His race or ethnicity matters as much as what weapon was used in a murder matters. Plus Islam is a religion which has multiple races and ethnicities in it just like Christianity.
IMHO, Islam is not a religion.

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
IMHO, Islam is not a religion.
Why? Is it because a small percentage of that religion are radicalized and violent, so IYHO, that means all the other hundreds of millions who haven't harmed a soul are guilty by association to the same religion?

Liberals use that same rational about us. Most White supremest are Republican and many support Trump. Does that mean you and I as well as most Republicans are racist too?

I'm not denying that based on current events, we should not be allowing more refugees into our country. I'm not saying that there's not a problem with radicalized Muslims and violence. My only point was that there are radicalized Muslims of all races who have harmed Americans, and that it's not fair to demonize hundreds of millions of people based on what a few do. Just like it's not right when Liberals demonize all gun owners based on what a few whack jobs do or call all of us racist based on the fact that a many members hate groups are Republicans.

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
The allegedly "Hispanic" shooter sure looks awfully middle eastern or Arab to me. Could pass for the son of Muammar Gaddafi. But I guess I am being racist and islamaphobic.

So this guy walks through a shopping mall with an uncased rifle and no one calls the cops? No CCs intervene? Seriously?
Legal CC'S are not we!come. Just food for thought, a sign carries weight and even criminal's will assuredly respect those signs. How more simple can it be?

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Why? Is it because a small percentage of that religion are radicalized and violent, so IYHO, that means all the other hundreds of millions who haven't harmed a soul are guilty by association to the same religion?

Liberals use that same rational about us. Most White supremest are Republican and many support Trump. Does that mean you and I as well as most Republicans are racist too?

I'm not denying that based on current events, we should not be allowing more refugees into our country. I'm not saying that there's not a problem with radicalized Muslims and violence. My only point was that there are radicalized Muslims of all races who have harmed Americans, and that it's not fair to demonize hundreds of millions of people based on what a few do. Just like it's not right when Liberals demonize all gun owners based on what a few whack jobs do or call all of us racist based on the fact that a many members hate groups are Republicans.
When the rest of the Muslims start reporting their radical family members instead of staying silent when they know little Jonny is going jihad, then I may begin to agree with you.

As it is now, it seems the families cover for them.

Sent from my LT30at using Tapatalk

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
When the rest of the Muslims start reporting their radical family members instead of staying silent when they know little Jonny is going jihad, then I may begin to agree with you.

As it is now, it seems the families cover for them.

Sent from my LT30at using Tapatalk
Who's to say that they all knew that their family member was in fact about to go out and commit a terror attack? Many of these people were already at one time or another on a watch list or were under investigation. Unfortunately, until they actually commit a crime or until there's enough evidence that they are going to try to carry one out, there's nothing anyone can do... Also, for the record, some of them have reported family members. For example, the father of the guy who recently set bombs off in New York and New Jersey did report his son in 2014, and he was cleared.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
His race or ethnicity matters as much as what weapon was used in a murder matters.
I was merely citing what appears to be a trend......one which is based on fact that even YOU cannot deny exists............thats all. :yup:

Nowhere in my post did I ask if it mattered. That is simply your opinion and not based on any facts.

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
His race or ethnicity matters as much as what weapon was used in a murder matters. Plus Islam is a religion which has multiple races and ethnicities in it just like Christianity. Bickering about whether the a murder is Hispanic, Black, White or whatever is out right silly, IMHO, being that any of the allformentioned could be Muslims... Some witnesses described him as being Hispanic, so what? From the looks of his pictures, he could certainly pass as such.

Last, just like Liberals do with police shootings, and with mass shootings, some of you are jumping to conclusions before the facts have been released. It could have been a personal attack or it could have been a radical Muslims based attack. We don't know yet, or at least his motives weren't reported last I heard.
Race and ethnicity dont matter, but ideology does. Your logic here would be like saying we shouldnt assume the Hells Angels is a bad biker gang based on everything they represent, because only some of them are convicted felons.

How small of a % do you think is radical and violent?

Reactions: rcsoftexas

·
Registered
339 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Legal CC'S are not we!come. Just food for thought, a sign carries weight and even criminal's will assuredly respect those signs. How more simple can it be?
No need to be snarky. I'm asking a question that can be answered diplomatically by those that know diplomacy. You do know what diplomacy is, yes?

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
I never ever thought he was Hispanic, not even close. Too me he looked almost Iranian, or either Syrian or a Turk. There are many differences.... "they don't all look alike" .. LOL

41 - 60 of 77 Posts