Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You're in "full in the blank" shop when invaded by a mob of crowbar armed, masked folks. They are pouring into the store and escape options aren't evident. At what point does this become an imminent threat? Is this a "mostly peaceful" mob or are you just as likely to be violent assaulted during the melee? Your are with wife and young son decreasing escape options and increasing your responsibility to protecting your family. Are you justified in defending yourself when being approached at speed by a thug of unknown intent? Worth discussing.

Registered
If I couldn鈥檛 get out, I鈥檇 put myself in a corner, with the family behind me and stay there, taking action only if someone began threatening us.

Premium Member
Perception of threat is not the same as actually being threatened. Too many are unable to control their emotions and mind. Fear leads to premature action which once engaged removes all other options.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Perception of threat is not the same as actually being threatened. Too many are unable to control their emotions and mind. Fear leads to premature action which once engaged removes all other options.
Certainly agree, but numbers versus a single individual certainly raised the actual threat. The trip wire may be an individual approaching at a run where actual intent is impossible to assess.

Premium Member
I grab the giant screen TV the wife the ps5 and the kid the sound bar we then blend into the crowd and quietly walk out the front door to safety.
You beat me to it Mi Amigo!
Best response of the day!

Registered
As we have seen for the love of the god don't shoot or use force unless you have to cause either A. you are going to be up on charges or facing a howling angry mob baying for you blood ..Blend in and find a way out .

And it is all about where you are ... Up where I am if there was a riot well prob it is the end of the world as it would be wild to see a bunch of 60-70s riot .. Down the vally out side of Tucson the cops prob give you medal for shooting your way out ... Do it in say CA or the like uh good luck

I always say its a good idea to carry a mask and heavy thick rubber gloves with you esp in a big city ..You know for covid ........

Registered
You're in "full in the blank" shop when invaded by a mob of crowbar armed, masked folks. They are pouring into the store and escape options aren't evident. At what point does this become an imminent threat? Is this a "mostly peaceful" mob or are you just as likely to be violent assaulted during the melee? Your are with wife and young son decreasing escape options and increasing your responsibility to protecting your family. Are you justified in defending yourself when being approached at speed by a thug of unknown intent? Worth discussing.
"OH! THIS is why the old man told me to carry extra ammo and a backup..."

Premium Member
Certainly agree, but numbers versus a single individual certainly raised the actual threat. The trip wire may be an individual approaching at a run where actual intent is impossible to assess.
That will get you life in prison if you survive the mob response. Being approached is not a threat. Means, opportunity, and motive. Immediate grave bodily harm or death. This is the standard.

Registered
Prepping for the Black Friday sales? :)

Reactions: kmckinnon

Registered
my luck........i would miss the "prohibited carry" signs and would be the only one arrested.....

anyways, i would be a good witness, take care of me and mine......never draw or squeeze the trigger less i was in fear of imminent harm....and i would stay out of their way....

Registered
That problem is what you get when you shop in a box instead of online.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts