Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me if this is already out there, but, I want to get a thread posted with quick answers for someone who may be shopping for a nice knife for whoever. I will give my size because that can be important when basically glancing at an item.

WHAT KNIFE DO YOU PULL OUT OF YOUR (POCKET) WHENEVER YOU NEED TO CUT SOMETHING ON AN EVERYDAY BASIS?

I will start

I am 6'2" about 325
SOG flash 2 partially serrated
Blade about 3" overall about 8"
LOWE'S had this one for about $48.00+tax

Thanks guys/gals :smile::wave:

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Benchmade Kulgera (combo blade) is my EDC. Awesome blade and the Axis Lock is a pleasure to use. I can simply flick the knife to open it or use the thumb stud if necessary. Bought it for over $100.
930 Details | Benchmade

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I carry a Kershaw scallion most days, however, I also carry a Kershaw Tanto Blur sometimes.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
I'm slightly smaller than you, but also carry an SOG Flash II.

·
Registered
601 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Right now I am carrying a CRKT M16. It's a large thick knife, however it fits much more comfortably in my pocket than I thought it would. It has been a good knife for me.

My favorite carry knife has been the Spyderco Endura. It is solid, thin and holds a great edge. I have only had one issue. After several years of daily carry, I broke the plastic clip. The new ones come with a metal clip. As soon as I get the clip replaced, I will carry it again and the CRKT will go into one of my go bags.

·
Registered
195 Posts
what i got

I carry a Gerber F.A.S.T in right pocket and a KA-BAR War-hog in my left.i also have Kershaw chive and Leek and a CRKT M16 like them all

·
Registered
64 Posts
I carry multiple everyday. I usually carry a Benchmade 585 Mini Barrage and a Kershaw Leek or a Ruko Tactical and a CRKT Folder. Along with my Leatherman Wave.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
I have two Kershaw Ken Onion Leeks...one for SD, and the other for specific cutting jobs...the SD cuts nothing.:image035:

·
Registered
350 Posts
6'3" 230lbs

I now carry two Spyderco Delicas. They perform dbl duty for utility and SD.

When I go running (assuming my run doesn't take me into Seattle, which has a 3.5" blade length limit) I carry a Spyderco Pacific Salt I. It is primarily for SD. It is lightweight, has a good sized blade, and the salt from my sweat won't rust the knife. If my run takes me into Seattle, I'll probably just stick with a Delica and clean it really well afterwards.

I'll be taking Defensive Folding Knife I & Defensive Folding Knife II Dec 11, 12, and 13 at InSights Training Center - Gun and Combat Training. Depending on what I learn in those classes, my carry knives may change. But I think the instructors for those classes are fans of the Spyderco Delica, so I'm expecting that this will be my knife setup for years to come.

·
Registered
806 Posts
6'4"...235lbs

CRKT M-16
or
TOPS Scorpion's Tail

Depends on what (and where) I'm CCing that day.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I carried a Kershaw Scallion for the last two years until I gave it away recently - it was a great knife. My new EDC is a Benchmade Minigriptilian - or should I say will be, as soon as I open it on Christmas morning. I also carry a Hen and Rooster butter bean - very nice little "gentleman's knife"

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm 6' 260

For years I carried a SOG Flash with straight edge.
Last month I switched to this:

A Smith & Wesson "24/7". Super smooth open and 1 hand open and close. Partial serration. Skate tape slab inserts for superior grip. I like it :hand10:

·
Registered
262 Posts
I carry a Chris Reeve Sebenza liner lock in S30V an Tom Krein Pocket Bowie in D2(small fixed blade) a Case Sodbuster in Carbon steel and a large case stockman in Carbon steel

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
For a good everyday type of tool, I rely on the Spyderco Native FRN (C41BK).

Last week, I took them to a shop to get them professionally resharpened and honed. For those in the Portland area, Woody Bailey is a magician, with knifes. He can get them exceptionally sharp. I've got a Delica and a couple of Natives. Had them all done.

1 - 20 of 188 Posts