Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Don't think ''cool' is worth the price IMO. Shot one once in UK - darned thing takes some holding!!! Looks mean too ! :wink:

Other option tho - or another - is the Derringer that takes 2 x .410 3" mag shells - real small too and quite ''lively''. Forget make.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
I've shot one as well....... Gawwd awful to handle..........
I prefer the Ithaca Stakeout in either 12 or 20 gauge.
Or the Mossberg Rouge in 12 gauge

·
Super Moderator
18,098 Posts

If I get one it'll be this one. A dealer I know has a few of them in stock.
Its a Serbu "Super Shorty" and holds 3 rounds.

and the holster...

·
Registered
940 Posts
I'm debating building one and getting a stamp.

The shop owner won't sell me the Prussian-made Charles Daly side by side to cut down, though. :)

·
Administrator
143,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey...I Like That

Serbu "Super Shorty"

Very "Road Warrior...ish Modern"

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've had an American Derringer .45/.410 & two of the matt-black style cheaper ones (manufacturer switches around). The matt-black ones are too large for carry. The AD is small enough, but heavy. None of them are very impressive for SD in the .410 loading. After some unimpressive testing of a matt-black on some jugs of water, I'd prefer to have a .380 - or even a well-placed .32 against a BadGuy. These short-barrel .410's are really only good for snakes, birds, etc.

·
Registered
112 Posts
There's a character in a John Wayne movie named "Mississippi" who gets fixed up with a rig like that because he couldn't aim, carried it on his hip and everything.

·
Administrator
143,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RidemCowboy

There's a character in a John Wayne movie named "Mississippi" who gets fixed up with a rig like that because he couldn't aim, carried it on his hip and everything.

That's right..."Mississippi" couldn't hit anything with a regular shootin' iron.:smile:

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
the DUKE rules!

QKShooter said:

That's right..."Mississippi" couldn't hit anything with a regular shootin' iron.:smile:
I think you're referring to the movie RIO BRAVO. Got the gun from the gun dealer known as "The Swede" who said it originally belonged to a blind guy who fired by hearing. He couldn't identify an attacker in a saloon because the piano was too loud, so he shot the piano player and they hung him.

I've fired one of these, and was told, wisely I think, to hold the gun along the TOP and try and force the barrel down rather than grasp it along the underside of the forearm. I rather enjoyed shooting the super short Benelli Super 90 entry-gun.

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
Alan Bourdillion Traherne ('Mississippi') is in El Dorado.

·
Administrator
143,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You guys are as sharp as a new razor blade!:biggrin2:

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
OD said:
Alan Bourdillion Traherne ('Mississippi') is in El Dorado.
Played by James Caan...right? But then who were the players in Rio Bravo and Rio Lobo (the Rio Bravo RE-MAKE)? I guess Ricky Nelson (character Colorado?) was in Rio Bravo opposite the Duke and maybe Dean Martin and Angie Dickinson as the love interest saloon girl. Geeeze those were good movies!

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
Yep, James Caan.

Dean Martin was Dude and Ricky Nelson played Colorado Ryan, Angie Dickinson played Feathers and Walter Brennan as Stumpy in Rio Bravo.

Those same parts in El Dorado were played by, Robert Mitchum as Sheriff J.P. Harrah , Caan as Mississippi, Charlene Holt as Maudie and Arthur Hunnicutt as Bull.

Oh, and the Duke did something in El Dorado that I wanted Chuck Connors to do for years in The Rifleman, shot that whiny a$$ed Johnny Crawford. :tongue: :wink:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I must admit to a Bit of a short shotty fetish myself...

Enjoy

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
Now I like the "whippet." :hand10:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts