Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We here a lot of bad for manufacturers. Here is a positive for Ruger.

A few months ago I ordered the inner and outer springs, a take down pin and a guide rod for my LCP. Spare parts if you will.
Three days later I received everything but the take down pin. I received the take down pin retainer instead. I call back and
explained the situation. The lady I spoke with was extremely nice, said a pin would be shipped immediately. I said if you can
give me an RMA number I'll return the pin retainer. She said don't bother. Just keep for the trouble since it was an inexpensive item anyway.

Rating:
Promptness: Excellent
Concern for Customer: Excellent
Shipping: Excellent (3 days on 1st order 3 days later get the pin)
Pricing: Excellent
Overall Experience: Excellent

Needless to say, I am very pleased with Ruger service and their products. And, I believe in giving credit where credit is due.

Merry Christmas,

Craig

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I have dealt before with Ruger's customer service department and I concur with your sentiments sir!:yup:

Merry Christmas to you also.:santaclaus:

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
I have an older Ruger revolver and an older Ruger P95 and have never had to use their customer service. I'm glad to know that their service is as outstanding as their products seem to be. Thanks.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ruger has one of the best Customer services I have ever dealt with...
On numerous occasions I have sent back compete firearms and have received them back in like new condition and problem fixed.

One time I had tampered with a GP100 trying to make the trigger lighter and smoother. I accomplished what I was after but had made the timing so close with the cylinder that it scared me. I called them, told them what I had done and asked them to put it back to original and that I would be glad to pay for it since I had done the work. They gave me an RMA, I paid for the shipping, they fixed it, sent it back NO CHARGE! Unbelievable... I'm sure they were not to happy about it, but they never let on...

Ruger is a GREAT Company, I completely agree!

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
I have always had Ruger handguns of one type or another. Never had use customer service. (I know, they have had some major recalls)

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Glad to hear about good customer service for a change...I've had several Rugers and never had to use customer service, but it's nice to know they are top notch...

·
Registered
11,232 Posts
Sent Ruger my 10/22 for repairs (I'm not the original owner) - came back like new, no charge - along with some free magazines

Had a M77MkII bolt action rifle in .223 - the top round in the box mag would pop out - Ruger sent me a new mag spring - problem fixed, no charge

:yup::hand10::smile:

·
Registered
830 Posts
so far i've only had to send my p345 back for work b/c of the stupid magazine disconnect safety. I sent it back when they were having all the recalls for whatever it was last sept/oct so it took about 4-5 weeks to get my gun back. I didn't mind i was in Italy for 22 days so i only missed the freedom of being able to carry. came back fixed and ready to go all i had to do was take the magazine disconnect safety out. other than that the other 9 or so rugers we have so far haven't had to go back. had the extractor rod/shroud or whatever its called fly off my .44 super blackhawk @ the range one day. Guess after 10 years of firing factory .44 mags the screw worked itself loose..:p

overall i'm quite happy with owning rugers and will continue to aquire more as funds allow. customer service was great and although i hope i don't have to deal with them again if i do hopefully they will still be great

·
Registered
114 Posts
Had my ejector housing screw bend with me on a .44 mag Blackhawk, Ruger replaced it with a a solid one at no charge.
The original screw had a hole drilled in the side of the threads and filled with what appeared to be a plastic type of a thread locker, bad idea... Made it weak.

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
Ruger has always been good in the C/S department.

·
Premium Member
4,456 Posts
When I sent my LCP back for the upgrade I also tied a note to the gun asking them to look at some rust spots on the slide. I got the gun back with the upgrade completed, but no action taken regarding the slide. I called CS and told them about it, the lady was very supportive and not happy that those "in the other building" didn't do anything about it.

She sent me another box and return info and I re-sent the gun back in, this time the slide problem was corrected.

Obviously whatever department was doing the upgrade didn't have a good mindset about CS.

Ruger's CS is A+ with me.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Glad to hear about Ruger...I've had Rugers for 45 years, never had a problem, but I'm delighted to hear about their service department. It's good to spread that around.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was going to post about Ruger today. I called them yesterday as I had replaced the hammer strut spring on my SP101 years ago making the SA lighter for my wife. Well, the moral of the story is this ultimately caused regular lite primer strikes and dangerous as a SD gun. So, I went to replace the spring with the original but could not find. Called ruger to "buy" a new one. Much to my surprise one is on the way free of charge.

It don't get any better then that. I have always loved my Rugers but this was above and beyond.

Paul

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was going to post about Ruger today. I called them yesterday as I had replaced the hammer strut spring on my SP101 years ago making the SA lighter for my wife. Well, the moral of the story is this ultimately caused regular lite primer strikes and dangerous as a SD gun. So, I went to replace the spring with the original but could not find. Called ruger to "buy" a new one. Much to my surprise one is on the way free of charge.

It don't get any better then that. I have always loved my Rugers but this was above and beyond.

Paul

Curious... What pound spring did you change to? I changed my wife's SP101 to a 10 pound spring. We measured the strike depth both before and after with 3-4 different brands of ammo with maybe 1/2 ths. difference. I know the 8lb spring is too light.

Merry Christmas
Craig

1 - 15 of 15 Posts