Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For about the last month I have noticed a shortatage of .380 practice ammo in the Houston, Tx and surrounding areas. I have asked the clerks and get verying reasons. Any one know the real reason ?????

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
380 ammo has been short all over for months. nothing new. do a search to see all the threads on the subject. it will make for some good reading.

·
Premium Member
13,164 Posts
I've about given up looking here in Brazos County

For about the last month I have noticed a shortatage of .380 practice ammo in the Houston, Tx and surrounding areas. I have asked the clerks and get verying reasons. Any one know the real reason ?????
I've about given up looking for it here in Brazos County. One store or another might sometimes have some, but it is catch as catch can.

Wally's guy said they don't have anything with a "3" in the name.

Champion hasn't had any when I've been in there. It is costing them my time on their range because I can't get 380 to practice shoot.

Haven't been desperate enough to try Gander MT or Academy but likely neither has much; just guessing.

Haven't tried Burdett and Sons, and may go in there, but am not optimistic.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Know of any online suppliers in VT? I'm in CT and in my favorite store it's the biggest empty spot on the shelves. All the other calibers seem to be coming back into stock. I bought an LCP last week and am now struggling to find 380. Picked some up online but it aint cheap!

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
There is a shortage of 380 in Central Texas also.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Know of any online suppliers in VT? I'm in CT and in my favorite store it's the biggest empty spot on the shelves. All the other calibers seem to be coming back into stock. I bought an LCP last week and am now struggling to find 380. Picked some up online but it aint cheap!
Check out elsiepeaforum.com There is always someone posting up info on who has 380 instock at online warehouses.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
The real reason. Since the renewed interest in concealed carry there has been an upsurge in the sale of 380 firearms. Results in upsurge of 380 ammo. Results in shortage. War takes a lot of ammo. Manufaturers of small pistol primers are running at max capacity. It is getting better.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
The Academy's on the west side of town seem to have it...It just depends when you get there...According to the guys behind the counter, it doesn't usually last but a day or two, when it comes in, and they get about one shipment, per week...I've had good luck on Saturday mornings...

Try Ammunitiontogo they have CCI Lawman in stock, in both FMJ and HP...I've ordered from them several times and never had a problem...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts