Defensive Carry banner

Shorty Question

808 Views 2 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  Zsnake
I've got a 12 Ga that's only 20" long total. It's got a 12" BBL and an 8" stock. Yes, it's legal! I got the paperwork.

Now I want to take it to another state next week, and someone told me that I had to have written permission to do so from the BATFE.

I tried calling those rascals, but you know how that one for English, two if you have a Southern accent, etc. ad nauseum. Never did get a live person.

Do any of you know the regulations on transporting a Class Three Weapon out of state?

Thanks in advance.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
You need to get a permission slip from them, and it takes longer than a week--usually 3-4.

IIRC, calling doesn't cut it, either; you need to inform them in writing.
Thanks, Cuda....
Guess I'll have to take it on the next trip!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.