Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...holy smokes! What a pistol. Though full size, it is quite light. I don't have a lot of experience shooting full size pistols, a lot of N frame Smiths and Rugers (single and double) though. Darn near zero recoil, accuracy....well, let's just say it made me look like I really knew what I was doing. Amazing...almost effortless. Too bad the thing is the size of a Pacific Rim SUV :) Seems like a perfect house/range pistol.

Curious...how does it match up to a P229?

·
Registered
259 Posts
The 226 is an awesome firearm. I shot the P226 Elite :hand10::hand10: and when I'm a big girl, I will have one. I loved it. Right now I'm considering the P239 for my first purchase. It will be much easier to conceal.

·
Registered
163 Posts
229 is awesome!! I can shoot them both the same, and the 229 conceals way better!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks...are the ergos the same for both pistols? I tried locating a 229 locally but could get my paws on one.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Eh, I love Sig. My EDC is a P220, or the P226. They need the right holster and setup though to carry.

·
Registered
563 Posts
P226 carry is very doable. I was able to conceal it under a regular t-shirt with my Pure Kustom Black Ops holster. It's easily one of my favorite guns.

·
Super Moderator
25,537 Posts
226, 229, or 239, I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. It's just what you are most comfortable with. See if you can find a place to rent and try them all (You might want to try them in .40 also). And while you are at it see if you can fire a 220 SAO, that has the smoothest trigger out of the box I think I've ever used.

All can be concealed, it's just easier with the slightly smaller or single stack models.

And remember, SIGs are like potato chips, you can't have just one! :hand5:

·
Registered
624 Posts
The P226 in 9 mil is my favorite pistol to shoot (1911 comes in a close second). I had a short reset trigger installed in mine and can now shoot four rapid fire shots in a two inch group at 25 feet. Beautifully designed pistol.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
I carry a P228 occasionally and it is very doable...the same as a P229. Love it, and it also makes me look like a match shooter.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
For the longest time I carried a P226 or P220 very comfortably in a Milt Sparks VMII or occasionally in the cool weather a Galco Maimi shoulder holster.

Sigs are stone cold reliable. My P226 has over 10,000 rounds with the only failure one of my handloads (no powder).

·
Registered
77 Posts
Congrats, I have a P229 that I love. I am trying to talk a friend out of one of his 3 all German made P226s, but not having much luck.

·
Registered
657 Posts
If I'm not mistaken the SEAL Teams still the carry the P226 chambered in 9mm Luger.

Don't have a clue what the "Dark Side" Tier One guy's carry though.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I have a 226 in .40s&w and have carried both IWB and OWB without issue, and I'm a thin guy. It isn't one of my regular carry guns, as I sit most of the day at a desk and it does get a liitle uncomfrtable in that case. It is by far my favorite auto to shoot.

·
Banned
2,095 Posts
I have a recent P226 variant I can't even find on the Sig website. I found it NIB at the local gun shop and immediately bought it.

I have a 226 with the beavertail frame, all Nitron, short reset trigger, short trigger, and Sig night sights. Fantastic handgun and as accurate as a Rolex.

I still usually carry my Kimber Ultra CDP II for a ccw, but I am embarrassed to admit, the Sig is my favorite.

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
I've had my eye on the P226 for a little while now.

The quest is on for a Sig! May take a while deciding which model and caliber, but I intend on being a Sig owner someday.

I've enjoyed reading the posts in this thread and people's opinions! :bier:

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
I have my 229 strapped to my hip as I type I love this gun and is accurate as heck. Im not sure what type trigger it has but it is suppose to me a LE gun so. But it has sig night sights and I love it to death.

·
Banned
464 Posts
I have my 229 strapped to my hip as I type I love this gun and is accurate as heck. Im not sure what type trigger it has but it is suppose to me a LE gun so. But it has sig night sights and I love it to death.
Does it have a decock lever? If so it is a DA/SA trigger. If not it is either a DAK or a DAO.

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
what does it look like?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts