Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
You got me. I've only used them on the giving end, not the receiving end.

What do you do, stand them up on a board or bounce them along the ground?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You got me. I've only used them on the giving end, not the receiving end.

What do you do, stand them up on a board or bounce them along the ground?
I set them up on end and they go flying when hit. A old friend of mine use to shoot 410 shells with a 22.

But he couldn't hit a **** in a tree to save his life.

I guess i should add they are already SHOT from a shot gun.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Back when my father would reload 12g and 20g for trap and skeet, he would nail primer-punched shotgun hulls that were defective (torn, cracked, etc) to a fence post and try to shorten 'em with a .22 or his Super Blackhawk. He said he would put the nail through the flash hole and use a dowel to set the nail completely.

I don't shoost em though.

Reactions: jwilson904

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
I set them up on end and they go flying when hit. A old friend of mine use to shoot 410 shells with a 22.

But he couldn't hit a **** in a tree to save his life.

I guess i should add they are already SHOT from a shot gun.
LOL, yeah, get that disclaimer in there :wink:

Hey, you've given me an idea. I think I'll see what happens when I hit the primer with a .22 on a live round.
Thanks! :biggrin2:
Should be like a mini tannerite I would think. I wonder what will go farthest in an unsupported shell, the shot or the shell? I think I'll take my chances with the shell. Forward momentum of the .22 round has to count for something. You'd think...

·
Banned
153 Posts
Never considered doing that before. I do have some old mistakes from my reloading days sitting around still that I probably should have disposed of. This sounds a lot more fun that simply cutting them up and tossing in a burn barrel !!!!!

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
There is always something satisfying about setting something up and knocking it down with some high caliber projectiles.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I like to shoot cheap no name brand soft drinks. They cost about .25 cents and when you give them a good shake before shooting they blow up real nice, even when shot with a 22. :danceban:

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
I shoot them regularly enough at 25 yrds with the Marlin 39a when I'm at the public range where I can bench the gun.
My first .22.
I still remember standing at the gravel pit with my father and him tossing those glass cigar tubes that El Producto Queens came in into the water and me shooting them. It was more like a huge puddle I guess and the angle down was steep, so no worries that way if anyone was wondering. Just littering I guess :redface:
Hey, it was the seventies.

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
My first .22.
I still remember standing at the gravel pit with my father and him tossing those glass cigar tubes that El Producto Queens came in into the water and me shooting them. It was more like a huge puddle I guess and the angle down was steep, so no worries that way if anyone was wondering. Just littering I guess :redface:
Hey, it was the seventies.
I'd give up the Browning takedown and 10-22 before I ever let loose of my 39A.

·
Registered
6,363 Posts
When I was a youngster spent 20 ga and 12 ga shells were my plinking target of choice for my old single shot Savage-Springfield bolt action. .410's shells were pretty tough targets for the rudimentary iron sights that were on the Savage-Springfield!

Reactions: jwilson904

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
We used to throw them in the air and shoot them with a shotgun or stand them up and shoot them with a 22.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Mrs. GT (an accomplished marksperson) plinks empty .22 LR hulls off a board like Jerry M. runs a Steel Plate rack. It's painful to watch her run my Vorquartsen Superlite better than...I DO! :blink:

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I hang em in tree branches and go for the brass with my marlin 25mn .22 mag. I figure if I can hit the brass, a squirrels head should be no problem.

Reactions: AzQkr
1 - 18 of 18 Posts