Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Looks interesting. I might give it a try for that price! My home defense shotgun is an old Winchester model 1300 Defender and it looks like that would work on it.

·
Registered
208 Posts

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
It looks nice and the price is definitely right.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Thats a heck of a deal if its any good at all.

·
Super Moderator
18,131 Posts
300 lumens for 45 bucks. That is a great price.

Man, they have come a long way in flashlites in the last few years that use LED technology.

I've got one that is 220 and its pretty bright and its small enough that I keep it in the pocket. It'll light someone up to 200 yards away.

300 is pretty tough for a small light.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
The light looks like a ripoff of a SureFire 6P Defender and if it's actually 300 lumens, the batteries aren't going to last long, even with a LED lamp. I'm betting there some shenanigans going on with the rating. A cursory glance at ShurFire's site shows a max of 120 lumens in a two-battery case and a run time of 3 hours - for around $100.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Wow, they have some pretty attractive regular prices and their currect sale looks great.

I have always felt that Surefire and the like have been priced for the "we'll pay whatever you ask" law enforcement market. It's nice to see something reasonable.

Let us know how these work!

·
Banned
1,725 Posts
The light looks like a ripoff of a SureFire 6P Defender and if it's actually 300 lumens, the batteries aren't going to last long, even with a LED lamp. I'm betting there some shenanigans going on with the rating. A cursory glance at ShurFire's site shows a max of 120 lumens in a two-battery case and a run time of 3 hours - for around $100.
There are a lot of good LED flashlights out there that can do far higher ratings than Surefires for much cheaper. Candlepowerforums is a good place for all things flashlight related.

Surefire is actually lower compared to the others for brightness, and often significantly higher in price. However, Surefires do have almost a guarantee of quality behind them. While many other LED flashlights from manufacturers like Fenix, Solarforce and such are quality as well, I suppose Surefire has the time-tested reputation.

I recently ordered a $20 200 Lumen Akoray light with good reviews.

As far as the original post, it looks like a pretty good deal. Please keep us updated!

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
Look at the bottom of the page. They even have a remote switch for it, which is what I'd be interested in.

At $79 that's affordable enough to mount one on the shotgun and one on the AR. Both weapons for under $200 all inclusive.

I'm not looking for anything worthy of a tour in the mountains of Afghanistan. For what I'd need, it's worth trying out!

The only real question is how recoil sensitive is the LED diode assembly?

edit: Heck, I just noticed sale price: $55

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Definitely interested in a review when you get it... Could be a good deal for a HD shottie light...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Should be getting it in a few days. Ill unload some buckshot slugs and turkey loads and see holds up.

I have 2 surefire lights one a 120 and one a 200 lumens. They are great lights and second to none in quality.

But they are priced through the roof. Those 2 lights cost over 250 dollars together.

Ill give it a try.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Shot Gun Weapon Light System - LumaForce 300 Lumen Flashlight + Mount

Shot Gun Weapon Light System - LumaForce 300 Lumen Flashlight + Mount

Wonder if anyone has any experience with one of these lumaforce shotgun lights.

$45
Ordered one yesterday. Didnt think 45 was bad for a 300 lumen light.

Got the light in. Mounted to my shotty.

Shotgun: Benelli Nova Tactical Turkey Gun 24 inch barrel with a 2 inch tube extension:

Dave's Metal Works Magazine Extension Tube Benelli M4 12 Gauge 2-Round Matte - MidwayUSA

I have the light mounted to my tube extension.

I grabbed the light and while connected to the gun and spun the whole gun around.

The light mounts very good!

Now the brightness of the light. It says 300 lumens. I think it has a wider beam then my E2D defender
Surefire E2D LED Defender Flashlight - E2DL-BK

I cannot look directly into my surefire but I can on the lumaforce with some discomfort.

it still seems to be an all around good light for the buck.

I have shot some buckshot magnum turkey loads 3.5 and some slugs with no ill effect to the light or mount.

Where the light mounts in relation to my pump. It mounts really good. just have to reach my thumb out to switch the light on and off while keeping both hands on the shotgun.

Good light for the money!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Gander Mountain has a 2 cell (123) house brand light that claims to put out 220 lumens for $39.00. I bought one & like it, it has a 3 way click switch...high, low, SOS.

I am kind of a "flashlight freak" so I have several different brands & styles/sizes from Sure-fire to Fenix to cheapos just as a FYI.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Gander Mountain has a 2 cell (123) house brand light that claims to put out 220 lumens for $39.00. I bought one & like it, it has a 3 way click switch...high, low, SOS.

I am kind of a "flashlight freak" so I have several different brands & styles/sizes from Sure-fire to Fenix to cheapos just as a FYI.
Do the Gander lights have the "momentary" ability? I'm planning on getting a Streamlight Polytac LED today, but if the Gander one can do that, I'll pick one up.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Do the Gander lights have the "momentary" ability? I'm planning on getting a Streamlight Polytac LED today, but if the Gander one can do that, I'll pick one up.

I believe it does, but I am not sure. I would have to check when I get home.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I need to buy one of these if its as good as you say!

You cant beat the much light/mounted for that price.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I appreciate it. :smile:
Sorry it took so long to get back to ya....I forgot over the Holiday, lol.

I checked the light & it does not allow an "instant" flash.....it is either on / off with a click....could not get it to just flash for an instant.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Looks like a hell of a deal. Wonder if the kit w/ pressure switch would mount up to a Glock tactical rail OK. Might be worth a shot for the price.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts