Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the farm today to get some things done and took the 1903 Colt along... this thing is steadily amazing me...it is becoming my favorite pistol to shoot... I have shot 100 rds thru it not a single hiccup...and it was made in 1920.... I took a 15 year old kid that lives across the road from me with me today and he has never shot a pistol before... he had a coke can dancing...(he saved the can...thought it was kinda cool to teach another kid how to shoot).. this won't ever be my EDC...but I am confident enough to use it as a house gun....or carry with me on the UTV...it is surprisingly accurate..once you get used to the sights... just thought I would pass this on..THanks Robbie

·
Registered
307 Posts
Thank you for spreading the joy of the world of shooting with a future generation! We should all try and do this as much as possible, Thank you for your Time, And Commitment to the youth!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He's a great kid.. always willing to help me do what needs to be done...feed cows, I have a Dixie Chopper and he loves to mow... I plan on taking him deer hunting this year at the farm...this will be the last year he can hunt in the youth season...his dad got killed 5 years ago and his stepdad is away at the Police academy so I plan on doing more with him...he was very safe with the pistol...he's not new to firearms..hes killed several deer...but nobody has ever taken the time to teach him about handguns...got his moms blessing before I did this... he hit the can on his fourth shot..at 15 yards offhand...I know guys that have shot pistols before that can't do that well... the cool part is that he listened to me...I would tell him how to make a sight correction and he would do it... thanks Robbie

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Shooting a classic like that is like watching a great old movie. You can appreciate the design and craftsmanship that was done in an age before computer aided design and space-age polymers. And it's something that bridges the gap between the then and now.

Kudos to you, Southarkrob, for keeping that old piece in good working order, so you can share it as something other than a display case oddity. When that young man goes on to acquire and shoot more modern handguns, he can share the experience of learning to shoot on a firearm that's almost 4 score years older than he is. It'll make a great story for him to pass along one day. Now, invite him over to watch Casablanca . . .

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
Most good kids grow into good men because they had a good mentor to teach them

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
How about some pictures of your classic firearm?

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Another JMB classic!

·
Super Moderator
18,436 Posts
Sure would like to see your Colt. Thanks for the sharing your experience.

There really was life before polymer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Here are pictures of Robbie's 1903 Colt .32. Enjoy

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Medic... I appreciate it... I call it my "pimp gun".... this lil pistol is in great shape other than somebody got too happy with the buffer when they refinished it... internals look brand new.... never have seen any grips like this before... thanks Robbie

·
Registered
535 Posts
I've had the Colt Model 1908 - same gun as the 1903, but in .380ACP - for over 30 years. It was my first gun and I still love to run it. The previous owner re-blued it, so no collector value. It's a shooter!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts