Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's October and SHOT is right around the corner. Any rumors going around the old mill yet?

Who's gonna have the hot new .380 this time around?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm curious as to what Ruger has up their sleeves. They unveiled the LCP at the 2008 Shot Show & the LCR at the 2009 Shot Show. Maybe a 9mm version of the LCP?

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be something if they could pull off a trifecta. I think the other manufacturers are going to try hard to stop the roll that Ruger's on.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I think slim sub-compact 9mm pistols will be offered by various manufacturers. Sort of like a Kahr or PPS but even dimensionally smaller. The .380 craze has demonstrated the desire for small, now I think the customer wants small with more power and more ammo availability.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
The LCP in 9mm would be a hot seller. You think the 380 has enjoyed a tidal wave of sales you havent seen anything yet. Holdin my breath for the single stack mini Glock.....YEAH RIGHT

·
Registered
449 Posts
A 9mm Ruger LCP would sell like hot cakes. Although before I would purchase one I would wait until actual users report their findings. Remember the LCP 380 had issues serial numbers XXXXX and prior. They fixed it and now works fine.

ME & MY NINE WORK JUST FINE!

·
Registered
882 Posts
I'm curious as to what Ruger has up their sleeves. They unveiled the LCP at the 2008 Shot Show & the LCR at the 2009 Shot Show. Maybe a 9mm version of the LCP?
The 9mm round is too powerful for an LCP style pistol. There comes a point where the law of physics interferes with things. A 9 ounce pistol with a 1 1/2 finger grip would be damn near unshootable, IMO.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The 9mm round is too powerful for an LCP style pistol. There comes a point where the law of physics interferes with things. A 9 ounce pistol with a 1 1/2 finger grip would be damn near unshootable, IMO.
That's what im thinking.. Yeah it would be shootable but man I think I'd be all over the place with it

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Look at a PM9, a Rohrbaugh R9. Physics as nothing to do with it. It is definitely doable.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I agree that a pistol with the dimensions of the LCP is too small for a 9mm round. I was suggesting an LCP "like" pistol. It would have to have the dimensions more like the Kel-Tec PF9.

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
I'm still wondering when someone will do a single-stack thin polymer in .45 ACP. I just bought a Taurus PT145. I had originally wanted a PT745 (single-stack, 6+1), but then found that the slide is no thinner, only the grip is thinner, so I went ahead with the PT145.

Tarzan think, "What good that????"

The 1911's are thinner but many of them just don't run that great with a 3-inch barrel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts