Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you can hopefully see, I slightly modified the PVC bedbuddy, shotgun holder. Everything is made from 1/2" PVC pipe except the gun holders. This is what I changed from the original design shown on this forum. The holders are 2"x1/2"x2" and 11/2"x1/2"x11/2" PVC tees respectively sawed nearly in half lengthwise so as not to weaken the 1/2" center attachment. These sizes fit my Mossberg 500 "Home Defense" model perfectly. I had everything except the one larger sized tee in my stash of sprinkler system parts. It fits and holds the gun perfectly on the bed. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
That's a nice gadget; inexpensive and practical. Thanks for the sharing.

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Looks good and is functional, not to mention inexpensive. Sounds like a winner to me.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Cool! Could put it within reach between the bed and the wall

·
Registered
672 Posts
I made one with 1/2 plywood an used conduit hangers wrapped in electrical tape. It's a little thinner.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I think it looks cruddy. You should send it to me along with that shotgun :smile: Seriously, looks good, very creative.

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
Doesnt your pipe design make for a lumpy bed?

I made one years ago out of bar stock and tried to patent it only to find out someone beat me to it. I guess that is the guy who is selling them in the back of magazines now. I have to say, I would have done a much better job marketing it.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Nicely done. I like this idea!:hand10:

·
Registered
80 Posts
I like it, but I'm curious - can't you feel the 1/2 inch PVC through the mattress? Seems like that would be annoying to me.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We've got one of those pillow top mattresses that's about 8-10 inches thick. No lumps. Don't know it's there. It sits so close to the bed I don't kick it getting in or out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts