Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am not sure where to post this, so here goes.

I know it is legal to make your own gun, for personal use. I also seem to recall it being illegal to make a gun that is disguised as something else.

So my question is, what law would I be in violation of if I manufactured something like this:

941449_467644756647130_1371956620_n.jpg

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
Hope that by seeing no response, you are considering running this by a BATFE KNOWLEDGEABLE Attorney.

I think it would qualify as AOW under BATFED regs.

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It would be a "12ga crude manufacture", and you would need a tax stamp to make one legally.

l2ga. Crude Manufacture

Classification
Weapon Made from a Shotgun
Distinctive Characteristics
Barrel less than 18 inches and/or overall length less than 26 inches, stock altered, barrel cut down. Often mistakenly called a “sawed off shotgun.” In this instance overall length is determining factor. However, if the overall length is 26 inches or more and barrel less than 18 inches, this weapon would still be classified as a firearm under the Act.
Rate of Transfer Tax
$200.00

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Super Moderator
18,531 Posts

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
There you go. I knew i remembered classification that specifically stated cane guns.
So, it qualifies as an AOW, whooda thunk?

Where'd I hear it would be an "any other weapon," or AOW?

Church Lady from SNL: "Oh, I don't know.... Could it be SATAN?"

Oakchas: "NO! You silly bat! It was me!"

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?

·
Banned
1,578 Posts
By-the-by, I'd really want that thing to have a safety.

·
Super Moderator
18,198 Posts
I believe that the "AOW" category which specifically includes "cane guns" would be a 5$ tax stamp.

Yes, you could legally make one for yourself after filling out a Form 1 and getting it approved.

Once you have your Form 1 in hand, then and only then, you could fabricate it.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
Dont forget the laser attachment......

Reactions: Fausty

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I believe that the "AOW" category which specifically includes "cane guns" would be a 5$ tax stamp.

Yes, you could legally make one for yourself after filling out a Form 1 and getting it approved.

Once you have your Form 1 in hand, then and only then, you could fabricate it.
Honestly, while this whole thread was just hypothetical, I am starting to think I might actually want to make one of these. Would be one cool discussion piece.

·
Banned
12,068 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts