Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still breaking but....
MIAMI - Shots were fired on board an American Airlines flight that had landed at Miami International Airport, according to broadcast reports.

At least one person was wounded, the reports said. The plane had just arrived from Colombia and was headed to Orlando.

Airport and Miami-Dade County police officials said they had no immediate comment.

·
Super Moderator
4,964 Posts
CNN is reporting on it's website that an Air Marshal fired shots inside an American Airlines 757 at Miami International. The flight was in transit from Colombia to Orlando.

Matt

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Had a CNN news email - but no major details as yet

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fox now reporting was a fed marshal who shot because of a bomb threat , but was on the ground at the time of shooting

·
Super Moderator
4,964 Posts
According to CNN, the marshall shot the person on the jetway during boarding. No real details as of yet.

Matt

·
Registered
540 Posts
According to Fox this is the first time since 9/11 that a Sky Marhsall has discharged his/her weapon.

·
Super Moderator
4,964 Posts
MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- A person was shot and wounded on the Jetway to an American Airlines passenger jet that was at the terminal at Miami International Airport, an airline official said.

A federal official told CNN that the passenger was shot by a federal air marshal, who felt the passenger was acting in a threatening manner. A senior administration official added that the passenger claimed to have a bomb in his carry-on luggage.

An air marshal told the passenger to stop, and he did not, the official said, adding that the marshal fired after the passenger reached into his carry-on bag.

The weapon was fired on the Jetway to Flight 924, which was on a stopover in Miami during a flight from Medellin, Colombia, to Orlando, Florida, police said.

The Boeing 757, which can hold about 180 passengers, was due to take off for Orlando at 2:18 p.m. ET.

Footage from the scene showed police cars and what appeared to be SWAT vehicles surrounding the plane. Several officers wielding rifles were running toward and around the plane.
Hmmmm.

Matt

·
Super Moderator
4,964 Posts
"I have a bomb!"

Bang!

"Oh, damn, I have a bullet hole :frown: "

Matt

·
Registered
427 Posts
Per CNN, a passenger, while in the jetway, claimed to have a bomb in carry-on luggage. When the passenger reached into the carry-on luggage, the air marshall thought he was acting in a threatening manner and shot him. Oh well...all is well that ends well. Wonder what the rest of the story will be...

·
Registered
92 Posts
From Fox News:
"The air marshal pursued and tackled the suspect on the jet bridge between the terminal and the airplane.. American Airlines flight 924 was arriving in Miami-Dade International Airport on Wednesday when the incident occurred. One person was reportedly injured in the incident."

·
Super Moderator
4,964 Posts
CNN now reporting the suspect is dead.

Matt

·
Premium Member
6,260 Posts
So far what I am hearing in the local news.
44 year old Male. US Citizen. He was screaming and threatening that he had a bomb in his hand luggage (backpack). Running inside the plane. Federal Marshal shot twice and kill him deader than hell. Some say the guy died inside the plane and others saying he died inside the jetway. Wife was with suspect and alleges that the guy was bipolar. MDPD Bomb Squad removed backpack from plane and will detonate it in safe area. Wife arrested for questioning. Plane being searched from top to bottom. Terminal is back to normal operations.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Suicide-by-Cop?

·
Premium Member
6,260 Posts
Nah..... just plain nuts IMHO.
Watching TV right now. Every single piece of luggage from the plane is in the tarmac and police dog is going over it. Whoever brought "colombian sugar" or "oregano" must be sweating bullets right now.

·
Premium Member
6,260 Posts
Uh Oh.... Politics has started to rear its nose in this situation.

With negative undertones from reporters and reporteretts:

"This incident happening just after the 9/11 Comission gave its report card..."

(Talking to a representative of Homeland Security)
"We were told by a security expert that the Marshall Service shoots to kill and not to give a warning shot. Why?"

"Witnesses say that they heard three shots. Was it necessary?"

Wouldn't shooting inside the plane create caos? Are the Marshalls trained to control passengers in cases like this?"

·
Registered
612 Posts
I can hear it all now that this fellow was mentally challenged and should not have been shot. I guess TSA will set up psychological screening of passengers next to make sure only us sane ones get shot by the marshals.

·
Premium Member
6,260 Posts
Jeep... that is EXACTLY the hints I've been hearing when they refer to the guy. It will get worse. The guy was US citizen from Latino extraction so I am willing to bet that somebody is gonna use the race card soon.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts