Defensive Carry banner

181 - 200 of 355 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
It's heart breaking. Virginia is the gun friendly capital of the United States,and it's been. Hijacked by a Democrat governor. Wake up people. They won't come door to door. They'll just legislate you and I right out of carrying your guns. Vote wisely next election people. Pennsylvania is also being hijacked by another ass from the Democratic party.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Yes and I just realized the other day when I walked into the ABC store that because it's a function of the executive branch l, which I didn't know ,we're not allowed in there with concealed carry. it was a photocopy the sign posted. Reference to the executive order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: patriotblazer

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Very few and only where spontaneous is likely to occur.

As for colleges, any person permitted to carry by that state should be permitted to carry on a college campus. They are all adults after all.

I also think parents dropping their children off at school should be allowed to carry in their privately owned vehicle.

·
Banned
2,094 Posts
IMHO...NO , not on campus. But YES to off campus housing(other than frat houses) and also allow in their personal vehicles wherever it is parked. Call it lack of faith in their judgment as a whole and the whole alcohol, drug environment problem. I also believe armed security SHOULD be on campus. Just my opinion, not gonna debate it...

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
IMHO...NO , not on campus. But YES to off campus housing(other than frat houses) and also allow in their personal vehicles wherever it is parked. Call it lack of faith in their judgment as a whole and the whole alcohol, drug environment problem. I also believe armed security SHOULD be on campus. Just my opinion, not gonna debate it...
My grand daughter is 18 and just went off to college and though she can't carry till 21 I am teaching her to be a responsible gun owner. Coed assaults and rapes are increasing and the schools themselves pretend they don't happen or coverup the event. Especially where athletes are involved. Case in point just look at what has been happening at Baylor University in Waco, TX.

My granddaughter's stimulant of choice is coffee (macchiato ) in the morning and she'd rather be at a church sponsored event than a Frat party.

Reactions: 1911srule

·
Banned
2,094 Posts
My grand daughter is 18 and just went off to college and though she can't carry till 21 I am teaching her to be a responsible gun owner. Coed assaults and rapes are increasing and the schools themselves pretend they don't happen or coverup the event. Especially where athletes are involved. Case in point just look at what has been happening at Baylor University in Waco, TX.

My granddaughter's stimulant of choice is coffee (macchiato ) in the morning and she'd rather be at a church sponsored event than a Frat party.
Good, but unfortunately she may be in a very small minority with that mindset. My kid shared the same kind of guts as your grand daughter, thankfully. I know there are a few good colleges and plenty of responsible decent kids. Sadly they are outnumbered imo, and most liberal run colleges turn a blind eye to the alcohol abuse. I would venture a guess the majority of sexual assaults occur under the influence of either drugs or alcohol. Peer pressure is powerful, most find it hard to resist for fear of social rejection. As for the guns in dorms, ect. No matter how responsible one's kid is. They are surrounded by the opposite. In addition, rooms are not secure, at some point in time that firearm could fall into the wrong hands imho.

·
Registered
96 Posts
^^^ What happened to not gonna debate it???

Good, but unfortunately she may be in a very small minority with that mindset. My kid shared the same kind of guts as your grand daughter, thankfully. I know there are a few good colleges and plenty of responsible decent kids. Sadly they are outnumbered imo, and most liberal run colleges turn a blind eye to the alcohol abuse. I would venture a guess the majority of sexual assaults occur under the influence of either drugs or alcohol. Peer pressure is powerful, most find it hard to resist for fear of social rejection. As for the guns in dorms, ect. No matter how responsible one's kid is. They are surrounded by the opposite. In addition, rooms are not secure, at some point in time that firearm could fall into the wrong hands imho.
I get why you think drunk kids with guns in relatively unsecured dorms might be bad, but how many people are over age 21 and still live in the dorms? Put the image of the average college kid out of your head because that is not the real subject of this discussion. The only people who would be affected are 21+ and have fulfilled the requirements of their state to obtain a license to carry a gun. Think about the average person with a concealed permit. Should that person be banned from carrying on campus? That's the real question. Keep in mind that on average, concealed carriers are less likely to commit murder than even LEOs.
Police Officers Three Times More Likely to Murder Than Concealed Carry Permit Holders

And what happens when there is a mass shooting at the school? The lefties would have you believe that having an armed civilian will only add to the body count. This study shows that could not be further from the truth.
The average number of people killed in mass shootings when stopped by police is 14.29

The average number of people killed in a mass shooting when stopped by a civilian is 2.33
Auditing Shooting Rampage Statistics - Daily Anarchist

·
Registered
7,968 Posts
But as soon as they step off campus they have good enough judgement?:confused:

And on the other hand, those of us who decided to use the GI bill after leaving the military, carrying, and shooting guns on a regular basis, somehow no longer have good enough judgement?

·
Banned
2,094 Posts
Don't put words in my mouth. I stand by my post...

·
Registered
7,968 Posts

·
Banned
2,094 Posts
You wanna CCW on campus wearing your super hero cape. Go for it.

·
Banned
2,094 Posts
Did you SERIOUSLY just post something as ignorant as that?
Its not an issue thankfully with most people I've communicated with who CCW. BUT there are those out there with that mindset. Again its just MY opinion. I accept the fact there are certain places we cannot CCW. I'm OK with a college campus being one of them. So burn me at the stake I don't care...

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Its not an issue thankfully with most people I've communicated with who CCW. BUT there are those out there with that mindset. Again its just MY opinion. I accept the fact there are certain places we cannot CCW. I'm OK with a college campus being one of them. So burn me at the stake I don't care...
I am going to try and not sound too harsh and you are entitled to your opinion....

But, the mere fact that you are willing to accept the loss of rights that this entails is a huge reason that gun rights almost disappeared in this country.

Unless everyone stands up and refuses to allow our rights to be taken, it will continue to occur.

I know, you don't see the "need".

Rights are not about needs.

Sent from my LT30at using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I won't burn you at the stake so to speak because of your opinion...I WILL burn you at the stake for that completely disparaging ignorant comment you mad about "wearing a super hero cape" and CCW.

·
Banned
2,094 Posts
I won't burn you at the stake so to speak because of your opinion...I WILL burn you at the stake for that completely disparaging ignorant comment you mad about "wearing a super hero cape" and CCW.
Ok it may not apply to whom it was directed, BUT it is most definitely a mindset we encounter in some people. He ticked me off so I may have taken it a little overboard I admit. He assumed so I reacted with the same. Oh well. We have more important things to get riled about without turning on each other. I stand by my opinion that college campuses should not have CCW. It is one of the few places we shouldn't, as for the remainder I encourage it...

·
Registered
39 Posts
In My Opinion...

I do believe that people who have some form of license to carry a handgun should be allowed to carry a gun on a college campus. I don't honestly understand why there have been numerous college shootings and yet there are people out there who think that NOT allowing concealed carry on a campus will make things safer. The more good people with guns that you have on a college campus, the less amount of people that are on the campus will get hurt or killed. If you have more good people with guns on campus, there is a much higher percentage that the assailant will run into someone with a LTC and get taken out quicker. In turn, preventing deaths. If we can get more law abiding citizens to carry and get the news out, there may be a slight chance that crime will drop. Because if the criminals hear "Oh no! Lots of people are carrying guns right now but we don't know who." then they may be more willing to not do anything at the risk of getting shot by someone with a concealed handgun. That's my opinion. If I made any statement that was wrong, feel free to correct me. I allow constructive criticism..

·
Registered
7,968 Posts
You wanna CCW on campus wearing your super hero cape. Go for it.
Why am I wearing a super hero cape just because Im not supportive of a right that I either have, or dont have, depending on which side of the street Im standing on?

Ok it may not apply to whom it was directed, BUT it is most definitely a mindset we encounter in some people. He ticked me off so I may have taken it a little overboard I admit. He assumed so I reacted with the same. Oh well. We have more important things to get riled about without turning on each other. I stand by my opinion that college campuses should not have CCW. It is one of the few places we shouldn't, as for the remainder I encourage it...
I asked a simple question. You said people shouldnt be able to carry on campus because of faith in judgement issues. Then you said they should be able to carry off campus. I questioned the logic in that. There are a lot of young kids on campus who are not even old enough to carry a handgun, and there are a lot of teachers, and administrators who are older, and are there for no other reason than to work and earn a paycheck, then they go home. They have no interest in any of the partying that goes on(and even occurs off campus). I am much older than most college students and thinking about starting school again in a year or two, and I have also carried a gun quite regularly for several years, and you just said I shouldnt be able to carry to class because of a lack of faith in judgement.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
As a student who goes to a two year extension, I fail to see why I shouldn't be able to carry on campus. Almost nobody old enough to carry lives in college dorms, and those who do are very unlikely to ever consider carrying a firearm.

The individuals my age who I know carry do not indulge in drugs and do not carry when drinking alcohol. At the age of 21, house parties ("alcohol and drug environment") are just about a thing of the past and hitting the bars is the norm. When I go out drinking, my firearm stays locked up in the truck or at home. It is illegal to carry and consume in this state.

I go to school, learn, and leave. This armed security nonsense will only increase my tuition, which is already on the rise. Why can't I just rely on myself for protection? If I'm going to use my firearm, odds are (at both my current school and the one I intend to transfer to) it will be between the front door and my truck. I very much doubt this armed security is going to follow me to my truck.

181 - 200 of 355 Posts