Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I knew I would have a reason sooner or later for taking the UT CCW class.. Turns out I am travelling for a short trip to visit family in northern Arkansas..

Any chance being a customer of a resort/hotel comes with any inherent Carry priveledges? :rofl: No, I didn't think so either.

States I will be travelling through are:
SD (30 minutes)
Iowa (150 miles) No carry allowed for Non-res.
Missouri (450 miles) My permit is valid and I intend to carry.
Arkansas (30 miles) Main reason I should have taken that UT course..

Goes to show that you should take all of the courses needed and get legal to carry in as many states as possible because you just never know where you might be travelling.

I plan on doing some trout fishing and have more concerns about snakes and feral dogs in the hills than any 2-legged critters, but open carry does not look feasible there either.

·
Administrator
143,573 Posts
Good Luck w/ the trout fishing. :king:
feral dogs...nasty buggers. They die easy though. :yup:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am heading down I-29 through Iowa to Kansas City, then I believe it is Springfield, south and east to Mountain Home, AR area after that..

Any good gun shops or ranges to visit on the way? I have the family with me, so more likely a brief stop in a shop is all I will get a chance for.

I believe I have been cleared for a venture through the Bass Pro shop in Springfield though.. :banana:

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
Mountain Home.....are you headed to the Bull Sholes-White River area for the fishing. Spent a long weekend with another couple at Gaston's lodge earlier this spring, nice place with some good fishing.

Plan on a couple hours at the Bass Pro just to see it all, I think they are in a perpetual expansion mode; the place is bigger every time I get over there.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds pretty close. Confluence of the White and North Fork rivers. I am furiously going through my gear now.. A few days with family (about 90 of us) should be fun.

I intend to sneak off a bit for some quiet fly rod time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts