Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here's the deal. When I turned 21 I bought my first handgun. A Ruger P94 40cal. I was young and didnt do any homework, just went in, looked around, and bought what "looked cool". A year or so later I found my self in money troubles and sold the gun to a friend for $200, half of what I paid for it. I am back on my feet financially and the opportunity has come up to buy the gun back from my friend for the same $200 I sold it for.

Should I buy it back? I have always hated selling guns, and I like the idea of having one of my originals back. I was very nieve about guns during the time I had this one, and I cant really remember how it shot or felt in my hand since I only took it to the range a few times before selling it.

What are you guys' opinions on the P94? I know the 40cal round has a good amount of kick, and the gun is metal and quite heavier than my XD. Would you buy it back for a nightstand gun? Or put the $200 towards something else?

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Buy it back for sentiment if nothing else. It was your FIRST...

·
Registered
189 Posts
I definately would buy it back. Not only does it have sentimental value, but you can't get anything else worth buying for $200. P94's are good guns even though they are on the larger size.

My first handgun purchase when I turned 21 was a P94 .40 also. I still have the original receipt for $299. That was in 1999.

If I can avoid it I hope to never sell a gun. If I have one I don't like I'll just give it to my son sooner.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Where else are you going to find a Ruger P94 40cal for that price? You know the gun and if you liked it, go for it.

·
Super Moderator
17,312 Posts
Agree with the other posters, getting it back for the same price is just too good to pass up.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I say get it back just for sentiment if nothing else. Im not familiar with the P94, still its a Ruger and they have a good rep.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
My first was a Ruger P94 also. Sold it to get another gun - wish I'd kept it and saved longer for the other. No way for me to buy it back.

I'd say buy it back and keep it.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
For $200, I'd rather have my old P89DC back, but I guess a P94 would do. If I were you, yes...I'd buy it back.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Buy buy buy! Your tastes and needs may have changed, but you won't find a Ruger for $200 anywhere these day unless it's stolen.
Buy it back and put it on "nightstand" duty.
Heck, I bet you get 10 offers on this forum to cover expenses and make you a tidy profit... :image035:

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Definitely, buy it back... It was your first...Where are you going to find a reliable gun for $200...
Well, except for a Jimenez 380...:rofl: (see other thread)

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Heck yeah you should buy it back! When I turned 21, the very first gun I ever bought was a Ruger P95 decocker. Like you, I ran into some financial troubles and sold it for $200, and I've always regretted it. I would kill for the chance to get it back(not literally.)

It's your first gun, it's a dependable gun, and it's being offered to you for great price. Why would you hesitate? Go get it back! :yup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts