1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Better get two, they are small.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Get the FNP9mm. It's an amazing gun. The first pistol I ever bought.

·
Banned
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I bought a brand-new stainless steel S&W Model 60 stub-nose revolver with the black rubber grips. And I could not resist that old Model 64 surplus .38 caliber cop gun beside it. I have to pay for them both soon, when my credit-card bill arrives via snail mail. Oh why, oh why, oh why, didn't I buy GOOD guns 30 or more years ago?!!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have carried concealed for about40 years now

Been through a lot of guns over the years. Early on it was mostly S&W K frames because I carried one at work as a LEO. Later changed to a Smith M39. Retired as cop in 1987 and went bacl on active duty with the Army. First with a 1911 which became my one time favorite and the M9 (Beretta 92). Then back to concealed carry after I was medically retired from the Army, carried a Glock, switched to a Glock 30 when it came out and then back to a 1911.

Now I carry a FNH FNP 9. It has the same feel as a 1911, is easily concealable either with a belt holster when it's cool enough fgor a jacket and then with an IWB when it's warmer. Unbelieveable accuracy with the 17 rounds. I am a mediocre poistiol shot except not with this gun, I became a freaking expert. It is nothing to do a 3 inch 30 round hole at 25 yards.

I also just picked up a Beretta PX4 Storm compact but I haven't fired it yet but the reviews on it are even better then the FNP 9.

·
Registered
744 Posts
There are so many good 9mm's out there, I don't think you could go wrong with either of these. Personally, I love my XD-9 and my CZ P-01 best.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Can't speak for the Ruger, but I do own an FNP-9. As others have said, it is a sweet shooter. I can double-tap more accurately with it than any other 9mm I own (which includes a S&W M&P and a CZ P-01), and it's the easiest to disassemble of any semi-auto pistol that I own. It is drop-dead dependable and feeds every bit of ammo I have ever put through it. Nothing against the Ruger, but you won't go wrong with the FN.

-Seawolf

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Interestingly enough, I have been looking at these very same 2 pistols. And, after holding them both, I have pretty much settled on the Ruger. It's slimmer, much, much slimmer, and holds 17 rounds in the mag. Plus the bore axis on the SR9 is lower and the gun just feels much better in my hand.

I'd still like to have a FNP9 or FNP40 though. And I really wish Ruger would hurry the heck up and come out with the compact SR9 already!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Having handled both I chose the FNP9 and haven't regretted it. It shoots great, and feels great in my hand.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My girl and I rented and shot the SR9 and didnt like it. I carry a FNP-9 and love it. But dont worry what other people think.. Shoot them and chose the one you like and feel comfortable carrying and shooting.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Go on the Ruger forum, and research the SR9. There have been many problems: Broken trigger bar, terrible trigger, barrel peening and poor accuracy for just a few. I would go with the FN.

·
Registered
243 Posts
What is the truth here? I was considering getting the FN 9 but all the reviews I read said although it was an all around excellent pistol, the only draw back it had was it was really to bulky to be a good concealed carry pistol!! So I started looking at other pistols as I want something thats going to conceal good, whats the deal? Is the FN9 hard to conceal or what?

·
Registered
11 Posts
im 6'2'' 200lb and wear 36 wast jeans and large shirts and carry mine just fine. my clothing is not baggy at all. I posted some pictures in a belly band thread under the concealed carry forum. Or look up my post history.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'd go with the FNP9. It has one of the best triggers on a stock gun and feels lighter than it is. I also prefer a DA/SA, hammer-fired pistol for the added safety.

·
Premium Member
13,765 Posts
Of the 2 you have listed I would get the FN

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I own an FNP-40 and really like it for many reasons. A keeper for sure.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts