Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...on my Supertuck?

My CB ST is the regular one, without the combat cut and was wondering about doing the combat cut myself. When I draw from it, I have to put my thumb behind and in top of the slide, and then move it to the correct position once it is drawn. I have become accustomed to doing this. But I was practicing drawing from my OWB holster today (which I haven't done in a long time) and it was so much easier being able to grab the gun correctly, and then draw. Would doing the combat cut give me that ability? Maybe some of you who have experience with both can chime in.

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had to increase the cutout on my combat-cut supertuck. I used a dremel with a cutting bit, and everything worked-out fine. Go for it.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Getting the correct grip on a fightgun right from the holster is paramount. Trim away! But you might check with Crossbreed to see if they have a recommended DIY technique. You're likely not the first customer to feel the need to do so.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I cut mine for my G30. I had the same problem getting my full grip quickly. I printed the picture of the CB with the Combat Cut and did mine slightly less than the picture, tried it and cut a little more.
I redyed the cut edge just for looks and it suits me better now and is not less comfortable in my opinion.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I made the cut on both of my supertucks. I used a pair of very sharp pruning shears. Yes it will allow you to get a full grip on your gun. It is of the utmost importance to have the correct full grip on your weapon before clearing the holster in my opinion. The last thing I want to be doing in a stressful situation is trying to regrip my gun after it is out of the holster.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
I cut mine after holstering the gun and then drawing a line where i wanted to remove the leather

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts