Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a guy wanting to trade my Glock 27 Gen 3 for his .40 Beretta PX4 Fullsize. My gun only comes with one magazine,an ankle holster, the box, and no papers. I am not sure of the year it was made as I bought it from another individual. His Beretta comes with 2 14rd mags, all paper work, case, and box. He bought it new in December 2012. I am just wanting to trade because I picked up another glock 27 gen 4 for a really good deal and do not need the other one. The trade will be straight up with no cash going either way. Do you think this is a good trade for me? thanks for the advice

·
Registered
433 Posts
I think the glock is worth a little more with all the extras. Your gen 3 only came with one mag or are you saving the other one to go with the new gen 4?

·
Registered
285 Posts
that's tough i would take a deal if he gave me like $50 on top or a box of ammo. Do a trade since you have Glock 27 gen 4.

·
Registered
936 Posts
PX4 retail for $575 new, I have a PX4 compact I paid 499 for it's a nice gun I bought a holster for it and put meprolite sites on it but it's very thick comapred to the Glock, shoots very well, Since you don't want the G3 I would do the trade..

·
Premium Member
8,769 Posts
When it comes to acquiring and trading guns, I've long ago thrown common sense and rationality out the window. If you want the PX4 and you don't want the extra Glock any more, do it. If not, don't do it.

Not trying to be flippant. It's just htat a guy can spend hours looking at a standard catalog, determining a "bluebook" value on a gun, and then divining some inflationary/market adjustment to come up with a number.

I used to do it and it drove me batty.

What you can't place a price on is the intangible - in this case your desire to have something else in your stable. If that desire is worth a box of ammo, then by all means ask for it. If that desire is much more than that, then do the trade and don't look back.

Worst case - you decide you don't like the deal and you screwed yourself. You can then come back here in a year and post to the "What's the worst trade you ever made" thread.... :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all replies. It's not that I really want the px4 but I have tried selling my Glock 27 over the last couple weeks with no luck so I figure I will trade for this, try to sell it and worst case I have a nice full size gun instead of two glock 27's

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Do you need a Beretta Px4 .40 S&W? Have you shot it? Are you going to carry it or just for range fun? I think that you need to ask yourself all these questions and go from there. From my point of view, you already have a Glock 27 Gen 4 so the Gen 3 is surplus. Nonetheless, you could also sell it and then buy a Glock 23 which would be a great combination for your Glock 27.

·
Registered
524 Posts
In my opinion a full size Beretta is too large for anything but a range gun. My suggestion would be sell the 27, or convert it to 9mm for cheaper practice.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
I would trade it even steven, or maybe try to get a box of ammo with it. Your glock is surplus.... you dont have a storm. out with the old in with the new. Send it on its way, enjoy your new toy and have fun. The storms make a great HD gun IMO. The only reason I dont have one is I got a super steal on a LNIB G22 w/ w mags for HD, or I would have a storm. If you dont like the storm, you can sell it or trade it on something else later.

·
Registered
11,226 Posts
No.

It is a very good idea to have a back-up to your carry gun. It is especially a good idea to have a back-up that has the same manual of arms, and that uses the same magazines, holsters, ammo, etc.

If you want a full size handgun, you can take your G27, add a longer barrel and larger magazines and - just like that - you have a larger pistol.

Variety might be the spice of life, but consistency breeds confidence and competence.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts