Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an XDM9 awhile back and while I really like how the gun feels I just cant get use to the trigger. Every time I fire I usually pull the front site. I thought about trading it in on a G19 since I have a G26 that I really like and I seem to be much better with the glock trigger. Should I take the chance and try a trigger job on the XDM or just get rid of it for the g19? I really want to like the XDM cause it is a very nice gun but the trigger might force me to sell it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I've found the XDM trigger definitely to my liking, and it is noticeably better than the standard XD trigger, but everybody has their own opinion.

I recommend you get a trigger job on the XDM. It's just a better firearm overall than the Glock, has significantly better fit and finish, and you can safely use reloads in it.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I would keep the XD awhile longer see how
it does after breaking it in more or maybe
modify it a bit and see how you like it then.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm a Glock fan. I wouldn't take a loss to switch guns. Perhaps you should just get the trigger adjusted?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I might have to get a trigger kit for it then cause I really do like the fit and finish on the gun. Feels really good when firing too very little recoil. I did notice the reach for the trigger isnt nearly as much as the glock so im not sure if that is contributing or not also. I have to barely keep the tip of my finger on the trigger to get a good shot.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'd keep the XD and get the trigger worked on. From my experience the XD is a much better feeling gun including the trigger. Maybe a few more rounds to help smooth out the trigger is all it would take. Changing springs might also help your problem. There are gunsmiths who specialize in XD actions.

Good Luck!!!

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Keep the XD...

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
I bought an XDM9 awhile back and while I really like how the gun feels I just cant get use to the trigger. Every time I fire I usually pull the front site. I thought about trading it in on a G19 since I have a G26 that I really like and I seem to be much better with the glock trigger. Should I take the chance and try a trigger job on the XDM or just get rid of it for the g19? I really want to like the XDM cause it is a very nice gun but the trigger might force me to sell it.
It is definitely up to you. I had an XD sub compact with a Crimson Laser grip. I could just not get used to it. The XDm is improved. Springfield Armory is known for good quality. This gun is actually made in Croatia. As others have said you can feed it almost anything and it will keep firing. For me, the XD seemed top heavy. I still keep it but don't carry it or shoot it often. I prefer the Walther PPS for normal concealed carry in the summer and a Sig Saurer P250 Compact with a light jacket when I can completely conceal it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To me the glock might have a heavier trigger but its a shorter crisper pull that is easy to keep dead on target. The XDM trigger just feels like mush and is a longer pull. I might order a powder river precision kit or send it in to have them do it. The trigger has gotten better as far as the weight but I dont think the pull will get shorter.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is definitely up to you. I had an XD sub compact with a Crimson Laser grip. I could just not get used to it. The XDm is improved. Springfield Armory is known for good quality. This gun is actually made in Croatia. As others have said you can feed it almost anything and it will keep firing. For me, the XD seemed top heavy. I still keep it but don't carry it or shoot it often. I prefer the Walther PPS for normal concealed carry in the summer and a Sig Saurer P250 Compact with a light jacket when I can completely conceal it.
It does seem maybe a tad top heavy but it feels great when firing.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
If you don't like how a gun shoots, then it will eventually end up in the back of your safe and never get used, regardless of make/model. Trade it in (or sell it privately) and get a gun that you enjoy shooting.

BTW, I'm an XD guy myself, but if it doesn't work for you then don't try to force it.

-Plop

·
Registered
261 Posts
There are some XD smiths around that can make your trigger Sweet. Dirk in Rose Hill, Kansas is one of them. He is on KSCCW forum, and nothing but good to be said for his work. That is where my XD45 is going before Christmas.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Sell the XDm. sell it soon and sell it cheap.
So I hear that your selling an XDm for cheap. I'll take it!!

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Toward the end of the firearm purchase rush. If it were me, I would wait and get a good deal for trade (not for more than a $50 loss). I don't know how many rounds you have run through it, if your loss is $50 to $75, thats what it take to learn if you like a firearm.

If it ain't broke, why fix it. You know you like the Glock trigger. I would not rush out and get a trigger job on the XD. Be patient, try one out with the trigger job before you spend the funds on yours (not sure what it would cost, if money is not an issue, disregard).

Unless you have a good size collection of different 9s. The XD, or Glock, is the type of firearm that should be use, nothing special to make it collectible per say, like say some revolvers or 1911s. IMO, not much or a safe queen.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Trigger job would be over 100 bucks im sure if I had someone else do it. The XDM has a lot more parts then a glock also a glock is pretty simple to take apart.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
I had the same issue with my ex-XDm--that craptastic trigger.

I also considered getting the kit for it--but then I reconsidered--why throw more money at a gun I was finding I really didn't like? What if I still didn't like it?

Ditch the XDm. Get a pistol you know works for you. Yes, you may take a loss on it (you may find a private sale, well a bit more hassle, will net you more), but it'll be wirth the lack of aggravation.

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
How many rounds do you have through it?

I would say keep it, train with it---it will smooth out...or you will get used to it. I think you just need more training with it..IMHO

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have about 200 rounds through it. I shot the glock 34 today and really liked it. My dad might buy the XDM off me so I can get the G19 to go with my wonderful G26. The reset is a lot longer on the XDM too you can really tell a difference with the glock.

·
Registered
123 Posts
XDM

Yeh get rid of it for sure - tomorrow if you can ....... and send it to me. I need another one.

Love my XD's but then it is an individual issue. Shoot what your love (but not who you love) and have fun.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts