Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work for a small company ,12 people, we do not have a co. policy on ccw . Should I tell me boss that I ccw ? I do ccw when at work . We are in the service industry so I am working on the streets at nite .
I am the supervisor for the company and I feel I should tell my boss . On the other hand , my friends tell me I shouldn't say anything unless ask ! What do you think ???

·
Registered
264 Posts
As long as you're following company policy and you're leaglly carrying I wouldn't mention it.

There are probably lots of things you do in a day that are considered personal and you don't discuss that with the boss, do you?

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
If there is no policy against CCW there should be no reason to tell the boss.
It is your little secret, don't be in a hurry to share it. You carry concealed for a reason, other people don't need to know and if you tell the boss, who knows who he may share that information with.

·
Super Moderator
25,535 Posts
Why would you do that? :confused: If there is no policy and you are legal, just let sleeping dogs lie!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm in agreement with everyone else.

1. Make sure that you are NOT violating company policy.
2. Tell no one.
3. You maintain the element of COMPLETE surprise.
4. No one ever questions your judgement as to why you didn't use it.
5. Practice - practice - practice!

I believe a concealed weapon is just that. No one should ever know. People talk and they will talk when when you don't want them to talk - when the SHTF. Keep it to yourself so that you can make the correct judgement if and when you may need to use it.

my two cents.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
How does the saying go? Once somebody knows everybody knows?
So after time everybody at the company finds out that carry. Disgruntal former empolyee comes back and walks up behind you,cracks you will frying pan,bat,stick,gold club to the side of the head in order to get your weapon? Sit when from bad to worse.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Conceal:

1. to hide; withdraw or remove from observation; cover or keep from sight

2. to keep secret; to prevent or avoid disclosing or divulging

'Nuff said.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Agree. Don't ask about changing/creating a policy where one does not exist, and don't out yourself if you don't have to.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Don't tell..........

By telling your boss, you are putting him in a position where he must now decide if he wants to be responsible for your actions while armed at work and possibly be sued out of business if you do something wrong with your firearm while on the clock. To a business owner, even one who is not anti-ccw, that is asking a lot.
Don't put him in a position where he has to decide what's more important, your right to carry or his business.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Especially since not stated in your C.P. - NO.

It's a personal thing. If you had E.D. (Erectile Dysfunction) you wouldn't share that would you?

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Set it, and forget it. Sounds like you are doing a great job keeping it concealed. Keep up the good work, and keep your personal and self-protection details to yourself.

·
Banned
1,290 Posts
Question for me would be: would your company be liable for an accident/shooting you were involved in while performing a job related duty even if it didn't know you were carrying and didn't tell you too. If a UPS delivery guy is drunk and hits your car and you, UPS will be named in the suit I believe. They didn't monitor their own employees actions. It may simply be enough it's connected to a job-related action for a company to be named a legal party.

Same with you and a gun possibly. So, short of asking a company attorney which you don't want to do, maybe you have access to a knowledgeable attorney you know or a friend knows who could give you answer to this.

If it's yes, then you have to decide if you want to place your company in jeopardy as part of your thinking about this.

If it was me, I'd check it out so I knew beforehand and could put that into the equation.

That's my 2 cents..... good luck.

·
Registered
651 Posts
If you tell, there could be a policy of no guns. Don't open a can of worms

·
Registered
29 Posts
I work for a small company ,12 people, we do not have a co. policy on ccw . Should I tell me boss that I ccw ? I do ccw when at work . We are in the service industry so I am working on the streets at nite .
I am the supervisor for the company and I feel I should tell my boss . On the other hand , my friends tell me I shouldn't say anything unless ask ! What do you think ???
IMO,
I asked privatly and assured him that no would know but him and he agreed.
Plus I told him I had beeen doing it for years but in the event something happened I wanted him to know.
Allthough I am 45 plus and he knows I have a class III weapon and have enough common sense that he trusts me but thats in my case.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
NO. :hand10: I thought about telling my wife I was gonna pick up another gun soon, then I remembered how the last one went. I'll pass.

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
Your company has no policy that forbids it, so why bring it up. If you bring the subject up, you may find a new policy implemented prohibiting it. Then what are you going to do? To bring it up to your boss is asking for trouble in my opinion.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
:gah:

NO! absolutely NOT!!!

if you're not violating company policy and breaking no laws.....then :nono::27:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts