Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...

Way back when I was still in Iraq, I had ordered through my then gun shop, a shoulder holster for my G21sf. I hadn't used it due to my status (OH tax residency, but NC barracks) being difficult to pinpoint, and state laws requiring in-state living, etc. I was getting out soon, and I didn't want to go through the lengthy motions of CC licensing in NC only to go home to OH (now KY) and so on...

Skip ahead a few months, and I have CCDW paperwork processing in KY. I also have cats. Lots of cats. Now I LOVE my cats, and they are like children to my wife and I, but they are little predators. They chewed through the straps :rolleyes: (soft, like deer hide), but left the holster and mag pouches relatively untouched. The holster was about $275 or so and made in South Africa. I can get the maker and possibly pics later.

Question is, can I just use Galco straps in the meantime while I track down the manufacturer? I know that Galco makes their shoulder holsters available "a la carte" in separate pieces. Does anyone have any better ideas?

Please help, I've NEVER worn the thing, and would like the opportunity to do so.

Oh, and please restrain any remarks about my "kids" to the gentle variety. I REALLY hate cruelty to animals...:nono::mad::comeandgetsome:

·
Super Moderator
17,719 Posts
A suggestion, if you cannot find new straps and still have the old straps to use as a pattern you may be able to have someone who repairs shoes to make you a new set.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A suggestion, if you cannot find new straps and still have the old straps to use as a pattern you may be able to have someone who repairs shoes to make you a new set.
I'd actually considered that. Then the fellow moved to CA. Poor guy.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Do you have a local gunshop? I'd call and ask them if they had any Miami Classics or Miami Classic II's in stock. If they do, take your holster with you and compare the straps with the attachment points of your holster.

That would probably be the quickest way to find out.

·
Administrator
144,028 Posts
Pics of the holster and magazine pouch would help since different makers have different ways of attaching the harness to the holster and mag pouch.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Galco and High Noon sell their straps separately...Galco makes more than one kind of strap design....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts