Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any one of you guys give me some recommendations on a shoulder holster. I have one that is just not comfortable at all but it is nylon and would prefer leather. I am 6'1"and weigh about 233 and carry all day at work as a P.I.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I really like the Galco Miami Classic that I bought last year. Very comfortable from the first day.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Can any one of you guys give me some recommendations on a shoulder holster. I have one that is just not comfortable at all but it is nylon and would prefer leather. I am 6'1"and weigh about 233 and carry all day at work as a P.I.
I asked a similar question and as Diablo replied here, he and a few others gave me some tips along with some good links to some really nice ones for my new carry. http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbull...-custody-kimber-ultra-cdp-ii-almost-here.html

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have the High Noon Under Armor and love it.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Yes, get one of these:

Galco Miami Classic. This is my second one, and for the money, I don't think it's possible to find a better "off the rack" shoulder holster available. There's also the Miami Classic II, which has wider straps for the shoulders, it is a little more comfortable with a full size pistol.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Miami Classic ...Have had one for 25 years and it still looks like new...

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
I don't use it a lot, but is is comfortable and it is 'vertical' rather than horizontal... FIST, INC.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
I used a Galco 'Miami' style although I think it was the more full featured design. Anyway, it was very nice but I was carrying a full-size stainless 1911, and it was a bit much for my smaller than average body type. Now that I returned to J-frames, I plan on trying the Galco 'Executive'.
BTW: You do get what you pay for so be prepared to thin out your wallet.

·
Registered
254 Posts
If you're carrying a large auto, the Bianchi X-15 is a holster you should consider. Comfortable, and conceals a full-size pistol more easily than a horizontal shoulder holster in my experience. Also very fast on the draw.

CP Lincoln

·
Banned
86 Posts
Galco VHS (vertical holster)

Galco VHS (old style with wide leather over the shoulders). Carry my CZ 75B SA with two 16 round mags in the pouches in one designed for 5" 1911, all the time, where ever I go. I wear it close to the arm pits with no tie downs. Even sleep with it on at night.:danceban:

·
Registered
641 Posts
Recently I became interested in shoulder holsters and found that those from the "first line" makers all carried 3 digit price tags which, for me, was way too much to spend to experiment on a system which may, or may not, pan out. I discovered the Triple K shoulder holster in Cabela's and bought one for my Dan Wesson CBOB which is an all steel 1911 in Commander size.

I found the holster to be made of quality, soft leather which fit my CBOB quite well and, with some experimentation, adjusted to fit my carcass (6'3' 260 lbs.) quite well. Resulted in a comfortable and concealed system which I like. Cost $75.00 which I found to be within my "experimentation" budget. Like the system and wear it a lot these days. I recommend it highly.

I recently purchased a CZ SP-01 which is a large, heavy 9 mm pistol. With a full mag of 19 rounds mine weighs in at 48.5 oz. which I think is quite heavy. I thought that a shoulder holster would both conceal the pistol and distribute the weapon and a number of posters to the CZ Forum recommended the High Noon Under Armor which, for $80.00, was in my comfort level of "experimentation"!

The holster holds the pistol and two extra mags of ammo quite handily and comfortably. It is made of a synthetic material (not leather) but is soft and pliable and fits me quite well. Once again, I recommend it.

So for just about the cost of one of the big name holster makers I got two shoulder holster which fill the bill admirably. FWIW

1 - 20 of 21 Posts