Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could some one direct me to a brand or make of a shoulder holster they really like. leather or otherwise for under 100.00 bucks to carry a p85

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
To shoulder-carry a bulky gun like that, make sure to budget for a full-cut cover garment! On the original question, I am not so sure there are many comfortable shoulder rigs in your price range. I have an Andrews Monarch, for a P229, which I really like, but the only time I wear it is when I am going to be seated in an air-conditioned vehicle for long periods of time. I see them on evilbay periodically, and even those tend to bid higher than your price range. I have an old Weapons Systems nylon rig for 4" sixguns, for which I paid less than $100, but that was quite a long time ago.

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
I bought one (from Fist) and here in FL, I seldom use it. Not a bad holster, just not extremely useful in warmer weather. OMO

·
Registered
997 Posts
I have an Unkle Mike's nylon vertical shoulder holster . It really isn't too bad and it is under $100 (actually I got two of them - one right handed and one left handed - for $5.00 each from a bargain barrel. I combined them to carry two 1911's. Don't ask why.) They are decent holsters. I much prefer my Galco shoulder Holsters, however. I have one for my 1911's and one for my Beretta 92. I rarely carry my Beretta, but Galco makes a very good shoulder holster. It will probably cost $150 but it is worth it.

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
I like this one at $59.95 plus shipping: SpecGear TRUSS Holster Tactical Belly Band Undercover Weapon System Pictures and Features for Law Enforcement

The holster has a 15-degree reverse cant which helps hide a long grip like your P85.

The Truss has places for 4 mags (with retaining straps), a small flashlight, and 2 pairs of cuffs (or whatever else you want to put in compartments approximately 3.5" x 3.5").

I'm wearing one right now, the X-draw.

The Deep Concealment Shoulder Holster is cheaper at $35, but the gun has a slightly forward cant which will expose the grip of a large gun a bit more than the Truss would.

The Deep Concealment holds two mags, with no retaining straps.

It is lighter and made with less material than the Truss, but both conceal well.

Each has slight advantages. I own and use both of them.

·
Banned
13,685 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Miami classic II...don't wear it often, but when I have to sit for long periods, it's great...don't need the belt tie downs, as it doesn't swing out of the sport coat when I bend over

Maybe that's what attracted Melanie Griffith to Don Johnson?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts