Defensive Carry banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
About six months ago I purchased a Glock 19 (gen 5 mos) and topped it off with a Holosun 507C. The G19 would become my primary or co-primary carry piece including during the summer months. I wear "untucked" dress shirts the majority of the time; and hoodies in cooler weather.

I purchased an IWB holster from Eclipse along with an IWB mag carrier. They arrived in about two weeks. I was actually shocked at how concealable the G19 is, especially appendix carried and with the 'wing' attachment which is specifically made for aiwb.

Very recently I decided to purchase an OWB for that Glock from Eclipse Holsters, which I'll use during the colder months when I wear a jacket (I live in MN so plenty of opportunity for jackets). The OWB arrived in about a week.

Shoulder Muscle Sleeve Gesture Wood

Above : wearing an "I used to be thinner" T shirt rather than my untucked dress shirts. The T shirt will reveal any printing, for which there is little to none.

Jeans Arm Shoulder Leg Dress shirt

My dad / grampa bod has this nice inner tube and my carry piece goes under said tube. Works out great, it's like I have a built in shelf and the top shelf is for hamburgers and the next shelf down is for security. For real, works out great and appendix carry has been a major winner. Kydex is IMHO the way to go, as when you holster, nothing can 'squish' in that might rub on the trigger when holstering. Having an AD while appendix carrying would be even worse than a normal AD.

The OWB for jacket weather ...

Jeans Neck Sleeve Waist Dress shirt

Sleeve Bag Waist Collar Shorts

The colors aren't quite as great in the photo as in real life. I love how this stuff looks.

Automotive exterior Auto part Font Bumper Automotive tire

Eclipse is definitely top tier and undoubtedly has the fastest turn around time I've encountered (CrossBreed is also very fast).

Did I mention stickers?

I'm not affiliated with Eclipse in any way, just a very satisfied user of their products.

fwiw. Hope you enjoyed the photos.

·
Registered
10,229 Posts
I had a very nice, but very dangerous active duty secret type make me a knife, he loves to use odd, but interesting Kydex for his sheaths. They are all concealment/hidden carry.

when I say make me, I was lucky enough to trade him out of it.
Natural material Animal product Feather Wood Grass

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
They are 10-15 minutes away from me here in VA. I talked to the owner a couple of times through email about making a holster for me, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

·
Premium Member
7,073 Posts
That's a good looking Kydex print you had your holster made from, lance22; not flashy but not dead black either - looks great!

Reactions: matthew03

·
Registered
10,229 Posts
Looks good to me. But they don’t have the mold for the Springfield sa-35,/ Browning high power. Oh well.
they are a small shop, call them and offer to buy the mold for a free holster. I used to do that for customers all the time.
I do believe their operation is CNC though, so they may not hand mold much or be able to.

I bet Dale Fricke offers Hi-Power kydex.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I already have one kydex holster for it. Just curious about an AIWB specialized one as described above. Plus, I’m in Virginia, too. It says right on their website that if your gun is not listed on the site, they don’t have it, so don’t call and ask about it. I just got a decent Galco leather one to carry IWB at 4 o’clock. So, no hurry.

·
Registered
10,229 Posts
I already have one kydex holster for it. Just curious about an AIWB specialized one as described above. Plus, I’m in Virginia, too. It says right on their website that if your gun is not listed on the site, they don’t have it, so don’t call and ask about it. I just got a decent Galco leather one to carry IWB at 4 o’clock. So, no hurry.
Fricke makes one of the better AIWB rigs on the market. He was one of the first, early in the resurgence and innovator.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
THREAD DRIFT

Kinda sad that a person can buy a really great handgun, but because it's slightly outside of the lemming parade you find yourself unable to get a holster, night sights, or other after-market parts ten years down the road. That's the way the market works, though. If you are buying a pistol for "right now" then the sky is the limit. If you are thinking about how you will service it fifteen or twenty years later, then you have to stay with the lemming choices; which aren't necessarily bad either; just maybe not what you wish for.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Fricke makes one of the better AIWB rigs on the market. He was one of the first, early in the resurgence and innovator.
If you go to their shop with your pistol, they will make it for you. I contacted them few years back about making a holster for my Beretta APX because holsters were almost nonexistent back then, and they were willing to make one for me if I came in.

Inquiring about buying a mold for a free holster or seeing if they can make the holster while you wait isn't going to hurt anything. Worst thing that will happen is that they will politely say no. They didn't come off like as being rude or annoyed by such inquiries unlike some holster makers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts