Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's mine:

I love snubs. They're small, they have lots of neat innovations, they can be carried anywhere, they don't have tiny controls, and they're just so gosh danged fun to shoot!

I also hate snubs. They have short barrels, they have high felt recoil, a short extractor, and no matter how hard I practice with mine it's still not as accurate as my full size revolvers.

But still, I feel it's an extremely useful format that would probably handle any bad situation I may find myself in, and it's just so easy to live with a snub. So I love more than I hate.

I like snubs and I like looking at pictures of snubs. Let's see some!

·
Registered
940 Posts

My S&W pre-lock 296.

It's the only snub I've ever owned. I'm not partial to them in .38/.357.

·
1943 - 2009
10,368 Posts
Here's my S&W M60, Don Hume IWB, DeSantis speedloader pouch.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I have a S&W 642, like Euclidean.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Smith & Wesson 640:

Smith & Wesson 66:

Can't find a full pic of my Colt Cobra:

At the bottom is the Taurus 617 I traded a while back. Top right shows a nice little Colt Detective Special my brother and I bought dad for Christmas one year.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Euclidean said:
Here's mine:

I love snubs. They're small, they have lots of neat innovations, they can be carried anywhere, they don't have tiny controls, and they're just so gosh danged fun to shoot!

I also hate snubs. They have short barrels, they have high felt recoil, a short extractor, and no matter how hard I practice with mine it's still not as accurate as my full size...... I like snubs and I like looking at pictures of snubs. Let's see some!
Is this a trick question? Or is this the first thing MONICA said to BILL???

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Ahhh - the ever popular ''snubs'' thread! :smile:

My SP-101 was all time carry last year - and will still see service at times - tho 226 has taken over now. Nice piece, made all the better with the CT's.

The other one - I think I have posted before - my much holster worn and sweat degraded (externally!) ol' M85. This was my first carry piece. It has seen little use for some time but currently - it is the best choice for my wife - good fit in purse and, she is much more at home with a revo.

·
Registered
108 Posts
My 642 in my Hedley Pocket Holster with a pair of rosewood boot grips.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Betty, please tell me about the grips on the 640. Brand ? Do you like them - how do they compare to the original rubber grips ? Any weight difference ? TKS

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I like the wood grips much better than the original rubber ones - they're more ergonomic, and the gun isn't as "jumpy" when I shoot it. It fits like a glove.

I bought my grips from a vendor at my local gun show, and I did not ask who made them.

The closest I could find are these made by Badger Custom Grips. They're almost exactly the same.

I'm going to fit my S&W 66 with some next. :smile:

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
3 inches is close enough.

Personally I say 2.5 inches on a compact frame is the longest/biggest you can call a snub. As for things like the 686 with a 2.5" barrel, I call that a short barreled revolver.

I can see myself getting a .357 with a 3" barrel some day. I need something to bridge that gap between compact and full sized.

That's a sick assortment of hardware everybody. I'd love a big bore snub.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Since I have N-Frame S&Ws these are the snubbies of the group.

-Scott-

·
Administrator
143,816 Posts
My S&W J Frame W/ Ivory Grips

Easy To Make...Just Follow Instructions Below:
(1) ~ Bag An Elephant
(2) ~ Remove The Tusks
(3) ~ Cut Two Chunks Of Ivory
(4) ~ Grind Away Any Ivory That Does Not Look Like A S&W J-Frame Grip
(5) ~ Polish
(6) ~ Install Them On Your Revolver