Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, we all have seen the threads/polls of whether or not we're armed while at home or if we carry, but what about when we are taking a shower? To me thats when I feel the most vulnerable without my gun. I take rather hot showers, and the humidity makes me worry about the gun collecting moisture so I try to leave it encased or wrapped around something, but sometimes that doesn't feel good enough.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Should be fine wrapped in a hand towel, or don't take scalding hot showers?

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
The shower really is a vulnerable place. With the sound of the shower hissing and inside an enclosed area, you really can't hear what is going on in other parts of the house, or if someone is knocking at the front door.

If my wife is home, I usually don't worry about it. She is always armed herself. If I am home alone, I bring my gun into the bathroom and lock the door. I will place the gun on the edge of the sink with the towel on top of it. The towel protects it from most of the shower steam.

When traveling, in my younger years, I have stayed in some pretty seedy dives in some pretty unsavory parts of strange towns. In those cases I have placed a gun inside a zip-lock bag and actually put it in the shower with me.

Thankfully, at this stage of life, I no longer have to stay in dives. Even when my lodging is paid for by the employer or the State when I am on the road teaching or going to seminars, they put me up in nice places. Especially the State of Missouri. They will spring for places like Residence Inn, Marriott, Hyatt and such. Even in those places the gun at least goes into the bathroom with me.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
You could put the gun in the zip-lock bag , then wrap it in a hand towel...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Keep mine on my clothes or towel on the floor, a lot cooler and condensation on the gun was extremely reduced vs leaving on counter by the sink.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Have hung the gun (stainless steel wheelgun) from a towel rack before, with a towel covering it. It works fine if your towel rack can take the weight (and you have a holster than works in that role). As I've moved from the location with a trustworthy and handy towel rack, I just wrap the gun up in a bathrobe and stick it on the floor. No condensation that way.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
I wrap mine in a hand towel and put it on the window ledge in the shower.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
My Glocks don't exactly go in the shower with me........but they're always close.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Shower security?

NO Problem!

:rofl:

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I like this better:

Besides, they can hand you a towel when your ready to dry off :image035:

·
Registered
80 Posts
We have a light/fan unit that always runs light/fan at the same time, one switch. Those stupid things are noisey.
1) shorter showers 2) light/fan off--I use a green nightlight, candle or oil lamp is a nice touch 3) leave the door open--lets steam out, noise and light in. 4) I run the water on a much lower, hence quieter, setting.
I am more selective about when I shower now. Anybody who comes in the bathroom has to be very quiet, and not cast a shaddow whilst coming through the door. . .
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
And to be fair

Here's one for the ladies:

Not only can he hand you a towel, apparently all you have to pay him is cookies. :rofl:

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
My pistola is only a reach away while in the bathroom, but I could be easily convinced to use Rotorflyr's method.:yup::yup:

·
Banned
464 Posts
I usually have the roommates or the girlfriend stand guard outside with a rifle or shotgun at the ready. I do have a Glock in the shower as well as a bug in the drawer. I will not be caught off guard.

·
Super Moderator
4,964 Posts
I used to lie awake at night, fretting about my security while in the shower. Then, I found the solution:

With a couple of these wired to the bathroom door, I don't have to worry anymore. I have one set up on a 5 second delay, so if the ninja zombie team that comes to get me sends in a recon element first, the first mine gets them, and the second mine on delay gets the main force coming in behind them.

Although, as I type this, I think I see a flaw in my plan - what about an air mobile assault? If they breach the ceiling, they could get around my defenses....

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Stainless Steal Wheel guns like the Model 19 Smith and Wesson were used by the Navy Seals...I"m pretty sure if they get wet they it wont hurt them, just oil a it a little.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts