Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When ask to show 2 picture forms of ID should you show your CWP with your picture on it?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Why not, its a picture ID, and if its legal than there's no point in worrying about it.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I don't and would not.

·
Registered
40,239 Posts
I'm a bit confused here. What state, or anyplace else for that matter, issues two forms of photo ID?
Most states issued photo DLs or a state ID for those who can't get a license, but other than a military ID or some company ID, what second form of photo ID would the typical individual have? None!

I have a military ID card and my CWL, but if I wasn't retired or had a gun, I would have no second photo ID.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Exactly. Most people dont have two forms of photo ID so you're not left with many options. And what place are you referring too that expects this ??

·
Registered
303 Posts
TN issues both DL and HCPs with photos thereon. I've presented both one time. Usually one photo ID will suffice if that is all you have.
oldogy

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I simply tell whoever is asking if the DL (as to photo) is not acceptable I will move on...They have always agreed the DL is enough with some other form of non photo ID.

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
No

I'm a bit confused here. What state, or anyplace else for that matter, issues two forms of photo ID?
:yup:

I've been asked for two forms, but never two forms of photo ID.

Only when residency/citizenship is an issue are the two forms required to be government issued -- in my experience.

That said, Virginia's CHP doesn't have a picture and is not valid w/o a "proper photo ID."

As I don't show my non-resident carry permits (w/ photo) unless I'm somewhere my residence permit isn't recognized -- the answerer is "no."

·
Registered
40,239 Posts
But I do show my Mil. ID and my CWL to my gun store. I don't have to wait 7 days and I get that nice Glock LEO discount!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I usally show my Dr Lic and my military I D. I'm tired of turde stealing others identies and having one I D. By showing 2 it will cut down on identy theft.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Though IL denies our right to carry, they do offer a state issued photo ID through the state DMV. I have been carrying an IL DL and state photo ID for a long time. The photo ID is offered at a reasonable cost, which is a miracle here in the land of corruption... I'm surprised that more states don't offer this?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Well in NC, we have a DL and can also get a state ID card as well, but i dont see the need to do really do that. Generally people who get the ID cannot get a DL for whatever reason.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Exactly. Most people dont have two forms of photo ID so you're not left with many options. And what place are you referring too that expects this ??
I have had banks ask for 2 picture ID's to cash a check. To get my money, I have no problem showing them my firearms permit. I usually get a really strange look though.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
I've never been asked to show two forms of 'picture ID'. My credit card has my picture on it which has even eliminated the need to show my DL.
I guess if I had to use my CCW permit for ID, I could, but would probably try another route, if possible.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Besides my Mn DL(no pic on Mn CWP) all I have for 2nd Photo ID would be my Utah CWP.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Only if there's no other choice. I've shown one of my Scuba Certification cards (I have several advanced certs, and was issued a card with my picture on it for most of them), and that was accepted. I'd just as soon not tell the world that I could be armed.

·
Premium Member
13,164 Posts
I have been asked for two forms of ID when purchasing a certificate of deposit at an institution where I already had a checking account, other cds, and a safe deposit bank, and was visually known to the staff who were merely following whatever mandate came from higher up.

They declined to accept my CHL as a second form of id. Who knows why. After brief protest on my part, they settled for my AAA card as my second form of id.

Some states do in fact issue both a dl and a none dl id. Mine is one of them. I have both, as well as a passport. As much as feasible in our world gone crazy, I try to avoid giving or showing any of these documents to anyone, for any reason, though that is not always something which can be done successfully. There are just too many opportunities for id theft and document fraud that develop from letting others get your dl number, chl number, state id number, passport number, digital signature, and photos.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts