Defensive Carry banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
This is more BS by Obama and the BATF on stopping gun running across the US/Mexican boarder. The presidents 90% of all guns used in Mexican crime has been proven to be not true. The actual percentage is +/-17% and that percentage includes American produced guns stolen from the Mexican military. It has also been proven that the majority of illegal guns are brought into Mexico through Guatemala and by sea.

Food for thought; The drug cartels are mostly armed with full auto weapons and auto weapons have been banned in the US since 1934. Why would the drug cartels pay thousands of dollars for a semi auto AK47 clone when they can get a full auto for less from other countries, i.e. Pakistan, and Egypt among others. Each and every time the Mexican government releases pictures of captured guns, seldom are any American produced guns included in the picture. If there are any it is a Ar15/M16 stolen from the Mexican military.

More BS from the Obama administration.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
90% of all guns used by the various cartels come from America, huh?

Wait a minute: 90%, 90%, hmmmmmmm.

Where have I heard Obama say 90% before? Seems fairly recent.

It's not his agenda that shocks me (for that was expected).

It's his "I'm king and god, so obey" attitude. I don't think he cares about slinging BS and getting caught. Reckons himself untouchable.

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
90% of all guns used by the various cartels come from America, huh?

Wait a minute: 90%, 90%, hmmmmmmm.

Where have I heard Obama say 90% before? Seems fairly recent.

It's not his agenda that shocks me (for that was expected).

It's his "I'm king and god, so obey" attitude. I don't think he cares about slinging BS and getting caught. Reckons himself untouchable.
The way he got the 90% figure was of the 27,000 guns confiscated by the Mexican police during one time period, they separated all guns that had serial numbers, about 7,000 and returned them to the ATF. The ATF identified about 87% of these weapons as manufactured in the US. One problem, many of these weapons were assault rifles given to Mexican government for military use and not identified as such by the ATF. Of the 27,000 about 6,090 were proven to have been manufactured in the US or about 22% of the total number of guns confiscated and is not even close to his 90% statement.

Or did he intentionally mislead the people by not qualifying his statement of what the 90% was based on. 6090 is close to 90% of the 7,000 returned weapons.

It is a sad state of affairs when you can not believe the words of the president, and this is just one of his many lies or half truths.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
The way he got the 90% figure was of the 27,000 guns confiscated by the Mexican police during one time period, they separated all guns that had serial numbers, about 7,000 and returned them to the ATF. The ATF identified about 87% of these weapons as manufactured in the US. One problem, many of these weapons were assault rifles given to Mexican government for military use and not identified as such by the ATF. Of the 27,000 about 6,090 were proven to have been manufactured in the US or about 22% of the total number of guns confiscated and is not even close to his 90% statement.

Or did he intentionally mislead the people by not qualifying his statement of what the 90% was based on. 6090 is close to 90% of the 7,000 returned weapons.

It is a sad state of affairs when you can not believe the words of the president, and this is just one of his many lies or half truths.
Is there a document detailing that info? Got a link to that bad boy??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts