·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: 5lima30ret

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Have never met a Sig 1911 That I did not like, a lot.

I generally do not like two tones, this is nice.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I have a Sig Fastback Nightmare Carry and a Nitron Railed. I like both of them - no problems whatsoever. They seem to have a lot of "bang for your buck" as far as features on a 1911 go. The external extractor is a problem for a lot of folks, so that's something to consider. I don't have any experience with the C3 specifically, but from what I know of the two I have - and from what I've read from others about the C3 -- I wouldn't hesitate to pick one up.

·
Premium Member
6,415 Posts
Hmmm... Deja Vu all over again!

I am very fond of my C3!

100% reliable so far, and IMHO the perfect sized 1911 for CC.

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Anyone have any good bad experience? I'm thinking about this.

https://www.dlwtn.com/remote_items/view/15676
Your link is for a Sig P228/229 magazine. Are you asking about Sig 1911 pistols?

I have a Sig Scorpion Carry I like a lot. Contrary to some reviews, mine runs flawless so far but I carry a Kimber more that the Sig.
I know some have an issue with the Scorpion using WC 47D 8 rd mags in it. I usually switch mags to WC first thing in a Kimber but the standard Sig mags seem to work fine for me in my Scorpion.

Reactions: rcsoftexas

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
The more appropriate question is: what is not to like with a Sig that is a 1911 &.45 acp? Very nice gun indeed!

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Your link is for a Sig P228/229 magazine. Are you asking about Sig 1911 pistols?
That is bizarre, yesterday it linked to a gorgeous two tone .45 ACP 1911. I almost ruined my keyboard but the bucket of rice dried it out overnight. :smiley2:

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
That is bizarre, yesterday it linked to a gorgeous two tone .45 ACP 1911. I almost ruined my keyboard but the bucket of rice dried it out overnight. :smiley2:
It is, that link is for Dragon Leather works in Oak ridge TN. They seem to be a small FFL but I didn't see any Sig's on their website.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have two early CCO sized Sig 1911's. One is a Revolution GSR C3 (lightweight frame); the other a Revolution GSR Compact (steel frame). I also have Kimber, DW, Para, Colt and Springfield 1911s. My favorite is the Sig C3. It carries well, has never malfunctioned (in 9 years), is the most accurate pistol I own and is backed by a great warranty. I'll admit I prefer the early (2006-8) Sig 1911's but I don't know of anyone complaining of the Sig 1911's after the initial barrel/barrel bushing issues with some of the compacts circa 2006-2007 and, of course the holster issue due to the non standard shape. I'm looking for another early C3 as a backup. Oh, did I mention value. I think that Sig 1911's are the best value in the 700-1200 price range. After that, DW gets the nod. Of course, this is all my opinion. Have a blessed Christmas!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dennis from Dragon Leatherworks here.

Saw the incoming link from this site, so I wanted to thank the OP for stumbling upon us.

Yeah, the link...the data comes directly from our distributor. When they update their key data, then the links will point to something different (they have a wonky database, and their primary key is constantly shifting.)

I think what the OP may have been looking at was this: https://www.dlwtn.com/dragons-hoard?q=50956

Sorry about the weirdness...not really on my end, tho.

To answer one of the replies, we are a small FFL, but that isn't what we are primarily. I am a custom holster shop who happens to sell guns.

Again, thank you kindly to the OP for the link.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, Joyous Kwanza, or whatever your preferred Holiday Flavor is. :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have a sig tacops 1911. It is my most accurate handgun and has not had an issue in over 2K rounds. Best value for $1000 and under in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Dennis from Dragon Leatherworks here.

Saw the incoming link from this site, so I wanted to thank the OP for stumbling upon us.

Yeah, the link...the data comes directly from our distributor. When they update their key data, then the links will point to something different (they have a wonky database, and their primary key is constantly shifting.)

I think what the OP may have been looking at was this: https://www.dlwtn.com/dragons-hoard?q=50956

Sorry about the weirdness...not really on my end, tho.

To answer one of the replies, we are a small FFL, but that isn't what we are primarily. I am a custom holster shop who happens to sell guns.

Again, thank you kindly to the OP for the link.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, Joyous Kwanza, or whatever your preferred Holiday Flavor is. :)
You are correct, that in fact was the link page. Thank you for helping out. And Merry Christmas.:smiley2:
sig.jpg

SIG 1911CO45TC3 1911 45 CMP NV 2TN »
Item # 50956 UPC # 798681406630
Quantity on Hand: 13
Type: Hand Gun
Category: Pistols
Sub-Category: Pistol
Shipping: Hand Gun - $20.00
Shipping Insurance: Optional
Cash Price-Phone Orders Only!: $854.36

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Don't have a Sig, but love the 1911 part.

·
Premium Member
6,415 Posts
That is bizarre, yesterday it linked to a gorgeous two tone .45 ACP 1911...
Have to agree with you on the "gorgeous" part!

The C3 is probably the only gun purchase I've ever made that was driven primarily by looks. Knew I couldn't go wrong with a Sig, though, and I was right!

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Have to agree with you on the "gorgeous" part!

The C3 is probably the only gun purchase I've ever made that was driven primarily by looks. Knew I couldn't go wrong with a Sig, though, and I was right!
Yeah, the two-tone and wood was what drew me to it as well. Plus when I bought mine, there were a ton of deals on them at the time. It was a no brainer.

Reactions: Kilowatt3
1 - 18 of 18 Posts