Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's here. For those of you you didn't know (not sure who I've talked to about it and whatnot,) I ordered myself a new Sig 229 Equinox. After about six weeks, I asked the dealer if they could call Sig and find out what was taking so long. The pistol showed up two days later.

Now I'm paying her off, and waiting on the paperwork for the state police to issue me another pistol permit (I hate this state... :) ) But I did stop in and grab a few pictures, and decided I'd post one.

The pistol is beautiful, the finish is excellent, and I love the high viz site on the front (it's the dayglow... with a tritium capsule in front of that). The DA/SA trigger was nice and smooth, like you'd expect from a Sig...

--Jim

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Very nice Jim - you will I am certain get heaps of pleasure from that. :smilez:

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope so Chris... I shot another Sig 2 weeks ago (a 228 in 9mm) and now I want one of those. The Equinox was only available in the .40, but I'm planning on getting the .357 Sig Barrel for it... and I might look at getting another Sig in 9mm in the future.

Before I get the second sig though, I need a 1911... right Bruce :)

--Jim

·
Super Moderator
25,533 Posts
That's a good looking SIG. Both mine (226 & 239) are in 9 mm, I'd love to get a 229 in 357, and probably the .40 drop in barrel.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Jim make sure ya get your wood grips from dealer sig had problems with the grips and shipped the last batch of sas and Equinox with the plastic grips and will ship the woods to dealer for the gun ...

Your rips should be the nice dark wood ones like this ...

My Sas didnt come with the wood either and dealer told me about the grips before i bought the gun

Your like me im going to get a 357 sig barrel for my sas to carry but bought 300 rounds of 40 to break gun in this weekend

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow Bud,

Thanks. I like the dark grips, although I think i'm going Chris style and replacing them with the CT's. I didn't like the orginal wooden ones that I saw online (the brown...) but I like that dark black grip. Thanks for the heads up.

Rick...I want a 226 eventually, and it might be a 9mm, I'm not sure. I loved the look of the equinox finish though, so I went with the 229 first. I would have gotten it in 9mm, but... not available as an option (.40 S&W only... :( ) but the benefits outweighed the costs, at least as far as I was concerned.

--Jim

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
The dark brown are the sas grips the real dark grey are for yours ... I probley wont use the sas woodgrips wither and might go ct if i like the gun well enough but still make sure to get what your supposed to

·
Registered
726 Posts
Firefighter,
That is one good looking pistol. Enjoy every round and post a range report ASAP. Congratulations on a great choice.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Thats a pretty piece. I sure would love to have one!

·
Registered
38 Posts
It's just not fair!

I fell in love with that pistol as soon as it came out, but already being the owner of a p229 in .40, I just couldn't convince myself to swing the purchase. Wouldn't feel right to sell either, she was my first.

Absolutely Beautiful! You won't be sorry :image035:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Very cool SIG. I'm saving for a 226 in 40 cal right now and can't wait to get it. I'm lucky though I can rent several different SIGs at my range and it's included in my membership. Actually I've been to the range already to and I'm going back in 2 hours.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
G21-HD said:
...I just couldn't convince myself to swing the purchase...
You just didn't try hard enough :rofl:

It's an argument I seldom win...:image035:

p.s.- I meant to tell you how much I like your avatar photo. That is one happy and satisfied look on that youngster's face...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts