Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, My mother wants to buy me a smaller carry gun, And I really like the look of the sig 239. Lets face it, the 5inch xd just wont cut it as a DC weapon on my little frame.

Products & Services

Thats the model and here is the exact model number-

239-9-SAS2B SAS, Generation 2, Black Nitron, SIGLITE Night Sights, SRT Trigger- $759 (MSRP $1005)

I can get it for 759 (have a friend in the business :danceban: )

What are your thoughts on this pistol?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I own a P239 9mm and absolutely love it. When I carry it, Galco Summer Comfort IWB, I literally forget I have it on. And it is a great shooter. Sounds like a fair price!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Don't own one but have several other Sig's and I think you will find it to be to your liking.

Be Safe,

NosaM

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Good choice

I have a P239 in 9mm and have carried it. It is an excellent gun that is reliable, accurate and easily concealed. The small grip area makes it especially good for avoiding printing on your cover garment.

If ammo capacity is a big deal for you, the 8+1 capacity of the P239 seems small compared to a Glock 19 of similar size, which carries 15+1 rounds. That is the only major objection to the Sig that I can think of.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Very nice handgun and with Sig quality, ya can't go wrong. I don't own one now, but have in the past and regret ever parting with mine. They are pricey, but for the quality and reliability, it's fair IMO. :hand10:

·
Super Moderator
25,545 Posts
Got one in 9mm and love it. I did change the grips to Hogue's.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Thats a great price for the SAS model. Mine is a 40 cal and when I got it I started shooting it, didnt clean it. 500 rounds later and it was perfect with whatever ammo I put thru it. I finally cleaned it after the 500 rounds, just because it worried me! Im betting it would have gone another 500 rounds or more trouble free if I had not cleaned it.
The only bad for me is that it is a bit heavy to carry. (Scandium J frame has spoiled me)

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
It's a Sig, what's not to like!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've tried the 239 a bunch of times but always found that it doesn't fit my hand. (My hands are larger and perfectly fit a regular or hi-cap 1911, or Glock 19.)

B17

·
Registered
272 Posts
My wife has a P239 and loves it. It is very accurate and shoots very naturally.

I am jealous and want one now too!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Great finish, small enough to conceal while still a decent grip, low recoil in 9mm, nice trigger (not the best but definitely not the worst), never jammed or had any problems with mine. I would recommend it.

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
My primary carry gun is a P239 in 9mm. It has had approximately 5000 rounds through it without a single failure. When carried in a Milt Sparks VMII holster I hardly know it's there.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
+1 for the P239 SAS. Good choice and price. :)

Gee. That looks like my gun.:image035:

I ordered the Nil grips from MacTec and very glad I did.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
The Sig 239 is a really good gun. Mine is in 40 cal, but I recently ordered a 9MM Bar-Sto conversion barrel. The only problem I have with the Sig is that my Glock 19 still weighs less even loaded with 15 rounds. So, the Sig sits in the safe.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I carry my 239 .40 in a VMII and have no issues in any weather with any clothes. Wore cargo shorts and a T-shirt today and felt completely comfortable. It shoots well and is just a great gun overall. I don't think the SAS is really necessary, but if you can get that version at that price, I say go for it.

The only drawbacks I can think of have been mentioned. The .40 is 7+1, and there are lighter guns that carry more rounds. Don't mind the round count, but sometimes I do wish my 239 was a bit lighter.

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
I'd jump on it, the Sig wil serve you very well.:yup:

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
P239 is a damn fine firearm. My only issue with it is that empty it weighs more then my fully loaded glock that holds 16 rounds while the 239 only hold's 10.

·
Super Moderator
18,107 Posts
If you can live with a used gun, go to the gun show in Little Rock this Saturday.
I bought one there(a .40) for 450 that was in exellent condition.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts