Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I first want to say this is not a 9MM vs. .45 debate,rather I'm interested in which of these guns is more concealable and lighter. So I'm considering which of these to purchase and can't decide on one over the other. Between these two Sig which is the better of the two? I kinda of like the P239 for its small size and because being a 9mm ammo is less expensive and plentiful. So for those here who have both of these Sigs or experience with them both please sound off on the pros and cons thanks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have two sigs, a P220 R with STR and Beaver tail, it is very much like the
P220 Elite, also have the P220 Carry Elite. I carried the larger gun until I got the Carry Elite, which i now carry all the time in a MTac and also in a OTW high ride holster. Have no problem concealing either weapon. Good belt and you should have no problems.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I looked at the 239, 220C, and 229. Went with the 239 after, er, fondling, and shooting each one. They all shoot great but the 239 was the best fit for me. Carry it in a VMII and have no issues concealing it in all types of clothes and weather. Can't go wrong with any of them.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Caliber preference

I first want to say this is not a 9MM vs. .45 debate, rather I'm interested in which of these guns is more concealable and lighter. So I'm considering which of these to purchase and can't decide on one over the other.
I think your question really is caliber related, as both of these two guns are about the same size and ease of concealment. The P220 Compact weighs two ounces more than the P239 in 9mm - 29.6 ounces vs. 27.5 ounces. Magazine capacity is 8 in the P239 and 6 in the P220 Compact. It comes down to which caliber you prefer.

Here is my P239 in 9mm, which is an excellent gun for concealed carry:

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
The 239 in 9mm is an awesome gun... but so is the 220. I think the 239 might be a bit slimmer. Other than that, flip a coin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts