Votes: 53 62.4%
  • Glock 33

Votes: 32 37.6%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know most people compare the 239 with the G32 as they are more similiar in overall dimensions but I am interested in how the G33 stacks up against the 239 in relation to carry IWB. I don't care about the differences in the action or the triggers, etc. I am only concerned about which one you would prefer to comfortable CCW.

L W H Wt
239 = 6.6, 1.2, 5.1, 28
G33 = 6.3, 1.18, 5.0, 20

The glock has the advantage in most aspects but the Sig even though its listed as wider, seems like it would be much more comfortable for IWB than the blocky glock. I guess the numbers don't lie but would love to hear form people who have tworn both.

Length = is no big deal since many people here have said that Length is not that important for IWB concealment.

Height is a ties.

Width is also a tie, Sig even though its listed as wider, seems like it would be much more comofrtable for IWB than the blocky glock. Maybe its the rounded appearence of the thinner grip, I dunno but I guess the numbers don't lie. Actually anyone know what that sig width measurement is based off??

Weight - glock wins hands down. But many have also said that with a good belt holster, weight should not be a factor

So, I would love to hear form people who have worn both. Which do you prefer and why?

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts
I voted for the Sig.

I actually prefer the weight of a heavier gun. I CC a Sig P220R every day, and it weighs considerably more than the P239. I don't even notice it's there.

Weight, when considering CC, isn't a factor to me, I don't understand why it is to anyone. What is a few oz?

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
glock is smaller. to me it come down to which one is smaller.

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
The G will slip into the waist and disappear.
Actually it's not so much either of the guns, because either will work...what do you like?:confused:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry height on Glock was 4.17, so that also goes to glock as height is important contributor to printing

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Similarities

The Glock 33 is a subcompact gun, according to the Glock website. I think a more even comparison would be the Sig P239 with a compact Glock, such as the G23.

In terms of slide width, which is important for IWB carry, there isn't much difference between the P239 and the G33 or G23. I have both and have measured width (flat to flat) - it comes out just a hair over 1.0 inches for each gun. I think the larger width figures near 1.20 inches are measured in the grip area. But the grip doesn't go inside the waistband.

If you compare the dimensions of a Sig P239 (9mm) with a Glock 23 (.40 caliber) they are almost the same, and conceal equally well. The Glock is lighter weight and holds more rounds, while the Sig looks better and has a smoother trigger. I tend to carry my Glock more than the Sig.

·
Premium Member
3,579 Posts
This question is like asking, would you rather have a Honda or Acura. No disrespect to Glocks (look at my name), but I think Sig's are a step up in quality.

·
Registered
195 Posts
+1

This question is like asking, would you rather have a Honda or Acura. No disrespect to Glocks (look at my name), but I think Sig's are a step up in quality.
+1 i have both glock and the sig love my sig....

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I CC a Sig P239 IWB daily no issues with it disappearing. I guess it comes down to which you like better.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
The only thing I can add is about weight. To many, the 8oz. difference may not be a big deal, but I have trouble with my back and a 1/2 lb. difference, is a killer... To me the only problem with the Sig, is it's heavy and has limited capacity for a gun this size...

·
Registered
829 Posts
Personally I would go with the Sig over the glock, especially in 357 Sig, seems like it fits

·
Registered
45 Posts
I own a G26 and a P239 and find the 239 more comfortable to carry. Although heavier, it is much thinner, which makes a big difference to me.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I chose the superior firearm IMO...and for me it is the SIG. I would rank them the same size....maybe it comes down to what feels better for you.

·
Registered
266 Posts
G33 is my EDC and I love it. Summer time I use GAP floorplates, and winter I use Pierce +1 or Glock +2's.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sig P239 is just a great carry gun, period. It was my first CCW

·
Registered
93 Posts
Never mind

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I own a G26 and a P239 and find the 239 more comfortable to carry. Although heavier, it is much thinner, which makes a big difference to me.
+1 here. The longer, thinner grip (single stack) makes the Sig easy to conceal and easy to draw from an IWB holster. I prefer to carry my 239 over my G27.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts