Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Super Moderator
11,219 Posts
Are you talking about the 220 compact, or 250 compact/subcompact. I believe those are the only non-full size .45 options from Sig currently.

· Registered
236 Posts
I have a P220, real nice shooter and reliability has been 100% ... I don't carry it because it's a bit on the heavy side for me, but a very nice gun none the less.

· Registered
3,336 Posts
.45 compact Sig...

I have carried this Sig P245 sometimes, and it has all the usual Sig characteristics of accuracy and reliability in a .45 caliber gun. It is on the large size for a compact gun, but that makes it easier to shoot.

· Banned
5,989 Posts
I don't own one but my boss has a Sig 1911 that's an Officer's Model size (7 round mag). I'd call that a compact but it's not a super chopped version. It's been money for him, completely reliable. The only time I've ever seen it hiccup at the range was when I gave him some cast SWC stuff. It didn't like that a bit, but neither did my FNP45 Tactical. With any other ammo it's been 100%.

· Registered
1,068 Posts
I've got a .45 P250 Compact. It shoots really nicely. On my shortlist of new Sigs to buy is a .45 250SC.

9mm P250 SC has been my most common carry for a year plus and it shoots really nicely as well. Blockier than some (they do bevel, not melt the corners compared to the C and F), but not perceptably larger than Glock SCs. I love the DAO trigger, but many do not. Old version evidently had some problems, but the new one (and all .45s are new design) is reliable as rain and about as accurate as a 3" bbl carry pistol can be. One FTE my first day (I think it was user-induced), and nary a problem since with a thousand plus rounds of bulk 9mm and a couple hundred of HST.

Biggest issue is limited holster offerings, but that's getting better.

· Registered
468 Posts

· Banned
2,672 Posts
Thinking about future purchase Compact or SubCompact 45acp Semi Auto Pistol. Anyone here own / carry a Sig Compact or Subcompact 45?
Full size but I'd say a smaller full size than many, Sig p220 Elite, Stainless 45acp. Shot about 1500 rounds, no failures to shoot of any kind. Gold Bead front sight, night sights rear. I'm selling with custom made Alessi holster made for the gun. Box and all contents present.

· Registered
813 Posts
If a P-series SIG is too thick for you check out the SIG 1911 Compact RCS. It is a CCO (Officers frame and Commander slide/barrel) and the frame is alloy to make it lighter. Mine has been rock solid right out of the box and very accurate.

· Registered
1,365 Posts
Is it Sig-Sauer as a brand that you're after, or a DA/SA action in a metal framed pistol? I ask because Sig also makes 3 different 1911 CCO options. 4" barrels, officer sized alloy frames.

I've fired one and I find that the shorter grip isn't a great match for my hands - but just because it wasn't quite right for me doesn't mean that it's not a good options for lots of people. Given the option of medium sized 1911's in .45ACP I'd probably grab a bobtailed commander instead of a CCO - but again, that's my personal preference.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.