Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the SIG C3 have any relationship to the P 2XX series of SIGS? I want to find a holster for this pistol, but SIG C3 is never listed on any site.

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
From my understanding the C3 is a officer size 1911. 4.25" barrel with shortened grip. A holster designed for an officer size Colt should fit it without a problem

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Archer's right, that it's a compact 1911 style pistol. The thing to be careful of, though, is that SIG put their own touches on the slide contours for their 1911 design. At least, I know they did on the full-sized GSRs, so I am assuming that is true for the C3, as well.

For the 5" models, the rule of thumb seems to be that leather holsters for 1911s will fit the GSRs because there is a bit more give; kydex holsters will not in general fit unless they are specific to the SIG design. The C3 does not seem to have a rail, so you need not worry about that detail at least...

I'd say find a leather holster maker who will let you return if you have problems and try an officer sized 1911 holster.

·
Registered
120 Posts
No archer is not right. the holster needs to be designed for a Commander sized pistol
+1

The top end is Commander size - that is what goes in the holster. The frame is Officer's size, which is what makes these ideal carry guns.

If you have found one at a shop, grab it. If you anticipate ordering it, be aware that I have been waiting six months for an RCS (same as a C3, but dehorned in the custom shop). Not saying you'll have to wait too - since hopefully they'll be doing a production run soon, but with Sig, you can never tell.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts