Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if Sig Carry 1911 will fit in regular commander sized holsters? Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Usually, if the holster is made for a railed commander sized 1911. However, some makers do specify Sig 1911s when you are selecting your holster. I would just call the maker before you order.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I own five 1911's, one of them a Sig. The top of the slides on Sigs are more squared, not rounded like the traditional 1911. My experience has been that if the holster is a very snug fitting holster, like a hand boned leather custom holster molded for a 1911, the Sig will not fit. Holsters that are loosely formed to a 1911, like many of the production grade holsters (Desantis mini-slide for example) will fit either the Sigs or traditional 1911's. It's the contour on the top of the Sig slides that cause the problem.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I own five 1911's, one of them a Sig. The top of the slides on Sigs are more squared, not rounded like the traditional 1911. My experience has been that if the holster is a very snug fitting holster, like a hand boned leather custom holster molded for a 1911, the Sig will not fit. Holsters that are loosely formed to a 1911, like many of the production grade holsters (Desantis mini-slide for example) will fit either the Sigs or traditional 1911's. It's the contour on the top of the Sig slides that cause the problem.
A big +1 to this. Sig must have wanted their 1911s to look like the rest of their pistols to a degree and in doing so created a hassle for owners needing gunleather. As noted, some will fit, some won't, your best ordering one for the specific model that you have now instead of wasting lot's of $$ trying different 1911 rigs. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts