Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an e-mail from Ordnance Outsellers stating, "SIG is making the non-rail 220, 226, and 229 NON-PRODUCTION items."

That's a little disappointing.

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
I spoke with somebody from Sig last night while at the store. They tell me the GSPs are moving out, slowly though. the 220, 226, and 229s are moving out also, but more so towards the Feds Contract. The private sector is taking a back seat for now. Thy're trying to keep up with demand, but ever so slowly though. Eventually, you'll see the rails under the guns, but not til after the New Year. :frown:

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
Just an updets on this. I spoke with the guy from Sig last night. He tells me that you can order one WITH the rails if you wish. Just thought I'd pass this on.

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
I saw my first Sig 226 in stainless today. The gun came in as a used gun, in 40 cal with the picatinny rails for 675.00 .came as new....

·
Registered
940 Posts
Remember that Sig's 'non-production' standard isn't discontinued - it's saying they can't promise delivery of them right now due to contracts.

It's not like there aren't millions of 'em out there.

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
The Sig plant is very small, for such a high demand weapon system. I toured the Plant last year, and found it to be a tightly spaced place. Then again, with what they're producing in Exeter Nh, they're doing VERY well in production methods

1 - 6 of 6 Posts