Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 40 cal Sig 226. I love it - I shoot it more accurately than any other gun I own.

I’ve been eyeing the Sig Legion series, either the 226 or 229 in 9mm.

Does anyone own or has anyone shot both the Legion and non-Legion 226 or 229, and is the price tag worth it? The Legion is going for about $1200 or $1000 used. So considerably above the non-Legion, and triple what I can get a Sig certified used gun for.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
I recommend a stroll over to the Sig Talk forum where there will be a multitude of Legion fanbois and others who chose not to pay the premium. There's even a separate subforum for the Legion series. https://sigtalk.com/legion-series/

·
Registered
8,404 Posts
I own a Legion 229 in 9 MM that I have carried for the last eight months. I like it very much. To me, it's worth it. Prior to that, I bought a M11-A1, which I liked, and had an action job done by Sig and XRay night sights installed. What I spent on that gun was more than what I spent on the Legion, but since I had no experience carrying a Sig DA/SA I did not know whether I would really like it and whether I would be able to shoot it well.

Hindsight being 20/20, I should have purchased the Legion to start out. The only advantage of the M11-A1 over the Legion is that it is just slightly lighter.

·
Registered
131 Posts
It’s a shame my P226 Legion SAO in 9mm got dropped in the river on a noodling event.

A great pistol with an excellent trigger. The X-ray green front sight was interesting and easy to see in the daylight. Some owners have reported issues with the finish peeling. I had none of that. Sig reliability and accuracy. Would definitely recommend that particular model, especially to anyone coming from the 1911 side if the family. Used Mecgar 18 round mags flawlessly.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It’s a shame my P226 Legion SAO in 9mm got dropped in the river on a noodling event.

A great pistol with an excellent trigger. The X-ray green front sight was interesting and easy to see in the daylight. Some owners have reported issues with the finish peeling. I had none of that. Sig reliability and accuracy. Would definitely recommend that particular model, especially to anyone coming from the 1911 side if the family. Used Mecgar 18 round mags flawlessly.
Yeah, I’m a lefty so I’m looking at the SAO model with the ambi safety.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I have both a p226 and p229 Legion. I used to have a M11-A1. I didn’t like the M11 at all. I love my Legions! In my book, they’re worth it. But that’s a very individual thing.

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
We're probably better off just sending our Sigs to Grayguns.

Straight trigger?, why yes, yes please!

·
Registered
9,550 Posts
No question do it ...They really are worth it ...Amazing trigger and sights and grips ..Really having owned both the legion really out shoots the stock and for that matter easily outshoots me

·
Registered
33,875 Posts
Hindsight being 20/20, I should have purchased the Legion to start out. The only advantage of the M11-A1 over the Legion is that it is just slightly lighter.[/QUOTE]

There is your meat-and-potatoes response.

I have the basic P226 MK-25 9mm Sig and like it very much, although it does not fill any particular niche for me. I find nothing wrong with Sigs, they are just not what I chose to carry.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have a Legion P229 in 9mm. The reason I think it's worth the price is that I was buying it to be my EDC. I know there is much debate on if carrying a stock vs modified gun will get you in more legal trouble should you have to use it, but I decided for *me*, I'd rather have a box stock gun to avoid that possible issue. The Legion package gave me everything I would have wanted in a modified gun, but in an off the shelf setup. Works for me. Love shooting it, too.

Being in the Legion club has been disappointing, though. Very little in the Legion store these days, no mailings about Legion events, etc. The free case they send you is only nice if you can use it. Mine sits on a shelf collecting dust.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have P226 Legion in 9mm. I love it, my range toy. I had to sell 3 firearms to get the seed money to pay $1,200 for mine. If you can afford it buy it, or like me sell some unloved firearms to get the seed money for it. It is a thing of beauty, with a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have P226 Legion in 9mm. I love it, my range toy. I had to sell 3 firearms to get the seed money to pay $1,200 for mine. If you can afford it buy it, or like me sell some unloved firearms to get the seed money for it. It is a thing of beauty, with a lifetime warranty.
Is the lifetime warranty for the original owner or for anything that happens to the gun no matter the owner?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
I'll stand by to be corrected if I'm wrong, but I think it is like all Sig's warranties in that it is good for life for the original owner.

Reactions: djcomm

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'll stand by to be corrected if I'm wrong, but I think it is like all Sig's warranties in that it is good for life for the original owner.
Yep, that's correct. Sig has been known to warranty repair guns for other than the first registered owner, but it's a gamble.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have been watching this thread with a lot of interest. I would love to have a Legion. I keep asking myself if the additional money is worth it. Thanks for all the information. I'll keep looking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
417 Posts
Original owner. As long as the orginal owner don't play Youtube gunsmith, you have a lifetime warranty. Also you have a mighty fine combat pistol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts