Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an opportunity to purchase a SIG 9mm M11-A1 in FDE for $850 NIB.

What do you guys think of the price and any feedback on the reliability and functionality of the gun. Its really a P228 with a make-over.

Should I get it?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I owned a 228 back when I was a private in the army, and had more money than sense. I liked it. Only reason I sold it was money got tight and I could get more for it than I could for my G23. I've looked at the M11a1s and around here the go for just north of 1g. I think I paid 700 bucks for my 228 back in 97. I'd own one if I could convince the better half I needed it.

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
Get it end of story

·
Registered
9,678 Posts
Nice guns ..They call it that as its the same gun the Air force or the such carried ..I think it has a different hardy coating

Only downside is most dont have a SRT on them

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I love mines, it's a good gun and I would put off getting it, it's a soft shooter and I think that you will love it.

·
Premium Member
2,922 Posts
Serious talk... if you don't buy it please send me a PM with the contact info for the person with the gun.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
First off, that's a pretty good price for an FDE as they tend to sell for a bit of a premium. Second, it's actually a P229 in every way except the roll mark and grip logos. The 228's had a folded steel slide, while the M11 and the rest of the 229 line run the forged stainless slide. Third, it's a top rate pistol with all the reliability, accuracy, and shootability you could ever want. The M11-A1 is a top end Sig, with maybe the Legion having a few more features, but a much higher price tag to match.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Nice guns ..They call it that as its the same gun the Air force or the such carried ..I think it has a different hardy coating

Only downside is most dont have a SRT on them
As far as I know, all the M11-A1's have the SRT. The MK25 P226 does not though.

Reactions: AZMacaw

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, according to the specs, the M11-A1 has both "Short Reset Trigger" and "Short Reach Trigger." Its a compact design so will be carrying it since I favor DA/SA in carry guns. (I do enjoy carrying the Walther PPQ .45 in striker-fired, also.)

·
Registered
9,678 Posts
Reactions: Ianthin

·
Registered
669 Posts
I have owned two of them in the past. They are nice guns. I don't shoot them any better than I do sub 4" guns, though. So, the HK P2000 and USPc and many other similar sized guns all shoot the same for me. Fine at 7 yards. I need the longer sight radius of a 5" gun to shoot at 15 yards and beyond decently, though.

But, the grip isn't my favorite, personally. I old my last one and bought another Beretta with the money - which is my preference, in grip feel.

But the guns were always 100%. So if you like the feel of the gun, you won't regret it I think...

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
Great gun, ok price, to high in my opinion.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts