Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,456 Posts
Congratulations on a great pistol. I have a 220 elite, though I typically CC a 229 .40 SAS, I have the Signess too.

Speaking of wives and Sigs, my wife says the "Sauer" is the face the wives make when they see a Sig.

All kidding aside she's a good sport.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My wife is too, she has 3 Sig's of her own...4 if you count the caliber X-change kit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
480 Posts
I own 3 Sigs.... I love the P220 Series and have the P220R and P220 Gen 2 SAS. Sig makes quality well built pistols. The only thing I love more (in guns) are my 1911's....

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
Nice! I was eyeballin' the single action only version they had at Bud's a while back, although they don't seem to have any in stock now. It's also SAS.

Happy Birthday! Looks like it was a good one.:smile:

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
P220 series Sigs...

I have the earlier version of your gun, which is called the P245. But I think that most of the parts are interchangeable. Mine has been an accurate and reliable gun, and a good choice for a compact .45 for carry.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Do you think they shoot that much better than Glocks or an m+p. The Sigs look like they would be great guns but the price tag on some of them seem to extremely high. Maybe I am missing something.

·
Registered
480 Posts
How well a person shoots a particular handgun is very specific to the person. I own Glocks, Sigs, CZ's, Rugers, 1911's, etc. I've actually done at-the-range research for myself to answer the question you ask above. I've shot my Glock 30sf and Sig P220Carry side-by-side to compare my accuracy at different distances (7, 15 and 25 yards). Have done the same thing with my Sig and a couple of my 1911's. I personally shoot my 1911's the best......this is closely followed by my Sig P220 Carry, then comes my Glock. Having said that and for all practical purposes most all pistols are combat effective/accurate. That is, at under say 7 yards there really isn't that big a difference. Why the difference......could be the full length guide rods on the Sig, or maybe a better lockup. Who knows...... Sig pistols in general are known for their innate accuracy.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
My son owns a 220 sub compact.....what a great shooting gun.....but I believe they stopped producing them......wonder why ?

·
Registered
7,585 Posts
Nice gun, Senior...

I have a P220 waiting for me at home...plus a P226, P229, P239...

Reactions: Skate

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Do you think they shoot that much better than Glocks or an m+p. The Sigs look like they would be great guns but the price tag on some of them seem to extremely high. Maybe I am missing something.
I have a Glock 36, which is a roughly equivalent gun to my Sig P245, with 6+1 capacity and the same barrel length. I think I paid $690 for the Sig, slightly used. The Glock was also used and I got it for a bargain price of $300, although $450 to $500 would be more normal. So the Sig usually costs a couple of hundred more used.

I think the accuracy and reliability of the Sig and the Glock are about the same, and I will use them interchangeably for defense. The Glock is lighter weight so it carries a little easier. The Sig is probably better looking and gives you a DA/SA trigger, which some prefer. I would recommend either one.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No, I don't think they shoot that much better. I think it really comes down to what you like. My brother has a couple of Glocks, and I shoot them just as well. I just don't like the feel of them, they don't fit my hand well for some reason. I have a Walther PPS also if I need something more concealable, but it's not as comfortable either.

The Sig's feel better to me, and I shoot them as well or better than any other gun I've tried. I also like all metal guns, no particular reason just personal preference. They are more expensive, but they're worth it to me.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Love the Sig P220 compact.
I briefly had an SAS model. That thing shot tennis balls from 75 yds out!
No longer have mine, due to a sickness that involves trading/selling guns for a loss!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a 226 extreme and when I shoot it, there isn't another handgun I have that feels as solid or right in my hand as my sig. It eats any ammo I put through it. Never a malf that I can remember. Just a darn good reliable as heck accurate weapon. Right out of the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Love the Sig P220 compact.
I briefly had an SAS model. That thing shot tennis balls from 75 yds out!
No longer have mine, due to a sickness that involves trading/selling guns for a loss!!

I'm enjoying it so far. Been to the range twice, and I'm happy with how I shoot with it. Also been carrying it for. Couple days in a Galco Concealable holster I got for my full size 220. It's comfortable enough, plus I bought a Ritchie CQQR today. Once I get that I'm sure it will carry even better.

Sorry to hear you had to sell yours, hopefully your troubles will be over soon so you can pick up another one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts