Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Can anyone confirm that current P220 Elites are made in Germany? At least that's what a dealer told me. Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Mine says on the slide: SIGARMS INC. EXETER NH-FRAME MADE IN GERMANY :yup:

·
Registered
131 Posts
No, not if 'current' means those made in the last year. Mine also says "Sig Sauer Inc Exeter NH Frame Made in Germany". Manufacture date is 26 Mar 2009. I'm assuming that 'Frame Made in Germany' means the rest isn't. Doesn't much matter much to me where it's made, I'm not all that impressed. It's a good gun, but it's not a 1911. :)

Anyway, here's mine after I ground off the trigger guard hook and the tac rail...

·
Banned
480 Posts
A 1911 is a very good gun, I grew up shooting one and have had many. I can't say anything negative about a 1911. I thought the 1911 was the best .45 auto made, until I got hold of my SIG P220 combat .45. The 1911 is still a very good gun, but it isn't a SIG, not even close. I don't know if there's any difference in quality depending on where it's made. Just for the record mine is a JK (1989) pre-reunification, considered the"Golden Era", 100% made in Germany. All I can say is it's function & performance is flawless.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts