Defensive Carry banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came home from lgs and was real impressed with the Sig 224 the one I held had a great trigger really felt good in my hand. Unfortunately they only had .40 cal's in stock put my name down for a 9 mm . They are really impressive. Still no g30S and have no Idea when thy will see one.

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
As much as I LOVE Sigs...the P224 I looked at just didn't really inspire me.

No doubt that it's probably a fantastic pistol (IMHO, all Sigs are) but it just felt really fat for its size. I didn't like the short grip in comparison to the overall width. That's the first Sig that didn't "Oooo...Awwww" over.

Isn't the P224 a sub compact P229?

I have two P229's...one a 40 and the other a 9mm, and the 40 seems to be wider than the 9. Maybe a 224 in 9mm would seem less obese to me...I don't know. :confused:

·
Registered
71 Posts
I purchased a P224 recently and shot it over the weekend. My impressions thus far are that it is a very accurate handgun and the ergonomics work well for me. I am carrying it currently and it carries very similarly to my P239, ie they both are heavy for carry and I use a heavy belt and cinch it fairly tight when I carry IWB. Thus far I have been pleased with both in regards to comfort and conceal-ability. It seems to me that the P224 was sorted out quite well by Sig prior to production, though it does look chunky for a concealed handgun. The gun comes with two 12 round clips contrary to what many internet articles state are 10 round. I have the DAK trigger version and am very impressed with this trigger system. All of my Sigs have proved to be accurate and the P224 is VERY accurate. In summary, looks are deceiving with this handgun. It is an excellent CCW pistol and handles very well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.