Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
I don't carry my current 226, too nice for me to beat up, but I have plenty in the past. I've got a Maxtuck IWB from White Hat Holsters, and a Wrangler from Nelson Custom Holsters for OWB. Both riding on either a Wilderness Tactical 5 stitch belt, or Bigfoot 14oz steel core leather belt. The belt is a very important part of the package when carrying larger guns.

·
Registered
9,904 Posts
At times I have carried a 226 or 220 maybe a 227 ...

OWB for me works great and to echo above a good belt like the big foot is a muss

Also to me the 228 or 229 is about perfect for carry size wise never saw the need for the full size much

Reactions: Eric357 and Ianthin

·
Registered
284 Posts
I've been carrying my P226 in a CrossBreed Supertuck and on the weak side I have a CrossbBreed OWB Dual Mag Pouch. The stock 12 round magazines have a thin steel base plate that poked me a bit when I sit, so I switched out to Mec-Gar 15 round mags in the mag pouch and they are much more comfortable.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I've been carrying my P226 in a CrossBreed Supertuck and on the weak side I have a CrossbBreed OWB Dual Mag Pouch. The stock 12 round magazines have a thin steel base plate that poked me a bit when I sit, so I switched out to Mec-Gar 15 round mags in the mag pouch and they are much more comfortable.
Have you had any issues with those 15 rounders?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Have you had any issues with those 15 rounders?
I've only had them for a couple of weeks. So far, I have put about 500 rounds through the P226, using them. There hasn't been a single failure to feed. The only issue I have had is when they are fully loaded, and I have one in the pipe, the spring tension sometimes pushes the magazine downward just enough to keep the slide from locking back when empty. If I insert the mags in an empty firearm, with the slide back, and strip one off, the slide locks back every time. I imagine that will resolve as the springs remain under tension for a bit. It's a non issue for me though, because, I keep a stock 12 round mag in the firearm while I carry it. The 15 rounders are spare on the weak side.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I've only had them for a couple of weeks. So far, I have put about 500 rounds through the P226, using them. There hasn't been a single failure to feed. The only issue I have had is when they are fully loaded, and I have one in the pipe, the spring tension sometimes pushes the magazine downward just enough to keep the slide from locking back when empty. If I insert the mags in an empty firearm, with the slide back, and strip one off, the slide locks back every time. I imagine that will resolve as the springs remain under tension for a bit. It's a non issue for me though, because, I keep a stock 12 round mag in the firearm while I carry it. The 15 rounders are spare on the weak side.

This is what I was wondering about. I bought some 15 rounders for weak side spares. I only have a couple of hundred rounds through them with no issues so far. I was on another site and one of the main guys had issues with his Mecgar extened mags not locking back after they had sat for awhile. I swapped mine out until I can get some more rounds through them.

·
Premium Member
5,512 Posts
I carry my P226 Extreme (love that SRT trigger and G10 grips) daily, currently in a DeSantis Speed (OWB). I wanted a quality paddle holster, so I ordered a High Noon. I had a cheap Fobus once which was poor quality, but appreciated being able to reposition my side arm to any position and not be restricted by belt loops. It turned out to be a terrible mistake. I told them the butt stuck out instead of laying flat at my side and they insisted that is normal. I should have insisted a return, but didn't. My bad. If I see anyone on this forum ask about High Noon, I will reply turn and run, and mean every word!

I have on order, a Red Nichols paddle holster which I should receive in about three weeks. I have conversed with Red by text, he's a terrific guy! If Arkansas ever clears up open carry and I find it's truly legal, I would proudly show off his skills.

red nichols holsters

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
I've been ccw a sig 228 for over 20 years , manny holsters , but for the past few years I've been using Aliengear holsters owb -iwb .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts