Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently have a 229 15 rounds 9MM serving house duty but also move my 227. Main difference is capacity of singe magazine 10 rounds vs 15 rounds. Between these 2 which would you pick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,893 Posts
Yep to above 227 with 14 rounders does the trick

Reactions: pat701

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had 4 14 rounds and none worked. Now I have about 10 10 rounders.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
I had 4 14 rounds and none worked. Now I have about 10 10 rounders.

That's odd. I've only got one 14rd mag, but it's had ~200rds with no issues. I'd still take the 227 with the same ammo just for the sight radius. I like large frame guns for house duty. If it wasn't an auto, it would be my 6" Security Six 357.

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Why ask the folks on these forums ? If you visit all the forums you find about every make sna model in a full size pistol serving as a house gun . Its your choice so buy what you want not what other use as there good for many folks .

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I respect most on this forum and find it interesting to get other points of view. Except yours of course.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Why ask the folks on these forums ? If you visit all the forums you find about every make sna model in a full size pistol serving as a house gun . Its your choice so buy what you want not what other use as there good for many folks .
Actually, I'd bet a good bit of the membership would say that the J frame or Shield they carry all day is all they feel they need for home protection as well. While a full size pistol is usually the most popular choice, it isn't the only one. One aspect none of us have hit on yet is which does the OP shoot better? That should be the most important factor.

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Ianthin Sort goes back to common sense and using what you find as a best choice !! If a snub nose is good then make a 4" + larger model 7 shot revolver would make a better house gun . I grew up a revolvers guy , carried a snub nose for 18 years and hunted with them for 40 still but my house protection handgun would be a larger version of a small carry or my full size carry pistol . I'll save my revolvers for 50 plus needs . snub nose was retired years ago

·
Registered
427 Posts
Sig P227 is my nite stand pistol with a 14 rd mag in it. I have fired 800 rds thru the 14 rd mag it has been flawless. If i could only have one pistol i would keep my P227.:king:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts