Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Monday afternoon I ordered a CPO Sig p229 40 cal from CDNN Sports. I didn't particularly need it, but couldn't resist it at the price it was listed at. Anyway, it arrived at my FFL today. They shipped it the day I ordered it, and it's in my hands two days later. You just can't beat that! I wanted to give them some praise since I know we can sometimes focus on the negatives of many of these companies, especially slow shipping. Not in this case!

Sorry, no pictures yet - just got home with it. It has a German frame and E2 grips. I've never had one with those grips before. They sure do feel good in my hand! Looking forward hopefully to putting some rounds through it Friday.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Congrats CDNN has had some amzing deals on high end Sig now and then ... Get a SRT trigger if it does not have it or grey ghost they will be amazing .

Im not sure with the 40cal E2 grips if org mags or not work I know 9mm frames no but I think 40cal might

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Friend of mine bought a PD trade in Sig P229 in 40 S+W from CDNN a few months backs for $369. It has the old style screw in grips and I think a German frame or slide...can't remember which. It looks as if it was barely used and it had the SRT kit installed. The trigger is wonderful....heck of a deal!

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
Older P-229's are sweet especially w/ E-2 grips and SRT trigger. My BIL has one of the earlier made in Germany LEO models that is a great shooter!

·
Premium Member
3,974 Posts
I just flipped over to CDNN and looked at that deal. Sweet. There’s some serious temptation going on at my house right now but I just landed a 227 last month. Great truck gun in modern times.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I bought my SIG P229 from CDNN as well, but I didn't have quite as good of an experience. I bought it new for a great price, but when it arrived there was a small nick on the frame you can't see here. There was no SIG band wrapped around the pistol so it looked like a display model. I contacted CDNN and they assured me they don't have a store front because they are just a warehouse that receives pallets of guns and ship them out. Well, someone obviously had this gun on a display or it was used. They did offer to refund my money but I'd have to pay to ship the gun back. Moreover, they were out of stock so I would have lost out on a great sale so I kept it anyway. I'm happy with the pistol given what I paid for it but experiences will vary as with most retailers (especially online retailers). I highly recommend everyone look over every inch of their guns before accepting them. That includes field stripping a pistol to make sure there are no surprises. I had a Beretta come in from another retailer with significant milling issues under the hood that I was also stuck with as Beretta would not stand behind their product (which turned out to be two large holes in the dovetail under the front sight). Caveat emptor.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Be careful when buying holsters for a SIG P229 chambered in .40 S&W or .357 SIG. Although SIG does not advertise it, the slide is slightly thicker in certain spots than the 9mm and many Kydex holsters will not fit (e.g. Bravo Concealment). I had to take a heat gun to make mine fit. One advantage of the .40/.357 SIG is that you can buy extra barrels & magazines and change calibers without having to replace anything else making switching calibers a breeze (i.e. the extractor or ejector like with Glocks). I bought mine chambered in .40 S&W but also purchased an OEM .357 SIG barrel and a Bar-Sto 9mm conversion barrel along with some 15-round 9mm magazines. It's like I have three $1,000 guns that only cost me $1100 total (price of the gun and two more barrels). I had to spend a bit more for the extra magazines, but I would have bought extra ones anyone. .40 & .357 use the same mags, so I only had to buy some 9mms and now have three of each (six mags total).

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Be careful when buying holsters for a SIG P229 chambered in .40 S&W or .357 SIG. Although SIG does not advertise it, the slide is slightly thicker in certain spots than the 9mm and many Kydex holsters will not fit (e.g. Bravo Concealment). I had to take a heat gun to make mine fit. One advantage of the .40/.357 SIG is that you can buy extra barrels & magazines and change calibers without having to replace anything else making switching calibers a breeze (i.e. the extractor or ejector like with Glocks). I bought mine chambered in .40 S&W but also purchased an OEM .357 SIG barrel and a Bar-Sto 9mm conversion barrel along with some 15-round 9mm magazines. It's like I have three $1,000 guns that only cost me $1100 total (price of the gun and two more barrels). I had to spend a bit more for the extra magazines, but I would have bought extra ones anyone. .40 & .357 use the same mags, so I only had to buy some 9mms and now have three of each (six mags total).
Yeah, I discovered the holster issue last night when I tried to put the 40 cal p229 in my 9mm p229 holster. You're right - it didn't fit. I assumed they would be the same dimensionally, but they are slightly different.

·
Premium Member
3,974 Posts
Monday afternoon I ordered a CPO Sig p229 40 cal from CDNN Sports. I didn't particularly need it, but couldn't resist it at the price it was listed at. Anyway, it arrived at my FFL today. They shipped it the day I ordered it, and it's in my hands two days later. You just can't beat that! I wanted to give them some praise since I know we can sometimes focus on the negatives of many of these companies, especially slow shipping. Not in this case!

Sorry, no pictures yet - just got home with it. It has a German frame and E2 grips. I've never had one with those grips before. They sure do feel good in my hand! Looking forward hopefully to putting some rounds through it Friday.
is this a DA/SA or the DAK trigger system? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
For a long time I didn't know that CDNN was in Abilene, TX. I ordered something from them and they stuck it on a bus and it arrived an hour and a half after I ordered it! I have never gotten anything I ordered that fast, either before or since.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Congratulations ! The P229 is a great platform for the .40 S&W. My P229 .40 is by far my favorite .40 S&W. It really tames that round down to nothing. Never had a malfunction with that gun, and super accurate too.

The P229 was built for the .40 S&W, and it really shows, performance wise, when compared to the all-to-common repurposed 9mm framed .40's. I also have a P229 9mm SAS also. It's a sweet shooter too.

I also acquired an EFK Firedragon .40-9mm conversion barrel for it. It works flawlessly with barrel change only. I use the .40 mags and .40 recoil spring and have yet to have a malfunction while converted, and very accurate too.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
They offer very good deals on used and factory refurbished SIGs. Even some of the deals on new guns are pretty sweet (earlier this yearI picked up a new-old stock P229 in 9mm-SRT, legacy slide, G10 grips and SIG NS) for just a little over $600). The times I've used this business, service has been quite good.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Had a chance to take it to the range for a short session today. Fired 172 rounds of PMC Bronze, both 165 and 180 grain, and 12 rounds of Federal HST (not sure if it was 165 or 180). No malfunctions or problems at all.

Also took along my Glock 23 Gen 4 and Smith & Wesson M&P 1.0 in 40 just to do a bit of comparison. Man, the Sig does a great job of taming the recoil of the 40! Compared to the other two, it was like I was shooting 9mm in the Sig. I knew the metal frame might help some, but boy did it ever. I don’t typically shoot much 40, but that’s probably about to change.

This may very well be the best value dollar for dollar I’ve ever gotten in a handgun before. I’m very impressed!

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
I have the 229 in 40 and love it, the HK USP40 is another pistol that eats recoil if you get a chance to shoot one try it, especially the model with the LEM trigger group

·
Premium Member
5,378 Posts
I just got the .357 Sig Barrel for my 229 today from Midway USA. I also have a 229R in 9mm, I also have a 228. Need to pick up the E2s though for my 40/357

·
Premium Member
3,974 Posts
I have the 229 in 40 and love it, the HK USP40 is another pistol that eats recoil if you get a chance to shoot one try it, especially the model with the LEM trigger group
I did it..... yeah I did. Mine looks like it was carried on Sunday, once. The mags are new. I swear the barrel is new. There isn’t a single display of holster wear on it. To the untrained eye, this could have been sold as new. Its a close to perfect as used gets but I gotta shoot it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts