Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The SIG P232 when loaded has most of its mass in the grip, and it has a very slim, light barrel and front of the frame.

As a result, it has had a tendency to not be particularly stable with most IWBs I've looked at, which hold the gun up fairly high, and really end up with just a bit of the barrel tucked under/below your belt.

What I'm looking for is an IWB holster that:

- holds the firearm as low down as is reasonable and/or
- has "wings" or some other extensions below the belt area to stabilize the firearm
- uses snap loops, not clips

Any help greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
IWB The Covert #2 sounds similar to what your looking for. I just got one from a member today and wore it for about 8 hours. Not even broken in yet but very comfortable.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Desbiens makes some very nice stuff. I have a HBE Com III that sounds a lot like what you are looking for. I think UBG also makes a very nice model for this gun as well.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have an uncle mike's #1 IWB and I agree it rides too high and want's to tip over. I'm thinking about getting the CB supertuck mini for mine though--anyone have one to weigh in on that, cause I think that may be what you're looking for as well.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Check out Pure Kustom. Rocky makes VERY well made, made-to-order holsters. He does things with leather other holster makers only dream about. Your gun is not on his list, but I am sure he will work with you. Its worth a few minutes to check him out if you are serious. Here is his link: Pure Kustom

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
You have lots to choose from at this site...

HOLSTERS

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
What I'm looking for is an IWB holster that:

- holds the firearm as low down as is reasonable and/or
- has "wings" or some other extensions below the belt area to stabilize the firearm
- uses snap loops, not clips

Any help greatly appreciated.

This holster is with a Walther PPK. It can go about 1 3/4 lower. I have a Sig 232 available.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts